GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting the GTI LED tail lights on Highline - retrofit.

mk7norway

Ready to race!
I bought the LED taillights yesterday! Going to install them next week when they arrive!!! Soooo looking forward to change out the taillights! :)

James90

diy retrofit

Hi all,
wat i do is, i solder the wire from the LED lamp wires. so tht i no nid to alter my original socket and save few bucks by ordering the wire/pin.:D:D
But now, my problem is i couldnt make the REAR Foglight function. any 1 can help me to solve tis??:confused::confused:
Cheers.

Last edited:

Snaptag

Ready to race!
Even though I'm pissed that the LEDs are standard overseas and we don't even get the option of installing LED tail lights here in Australia, I'm wouldn't be very keen to do anything that would void the warranty...

mk7norway

Ready to race!
I am going to make a DIY guide on how to install the LED taillights this weekend. I will take lots of pictures for you guys! :) Insted of cutting in the original wires to make the bi-color and the indicator lights work, I will show you how we can make all the adjustments in the taillight connection! This is to make it all look better and not tamper with the original wires.

By doing the work in this way, the warranty will not be affected! This is because all the work is going on in the tail lamp, and not in the wires.

Last edited:

I am going to make a DIY guide on how to install the LED taillights this weekend. I will take lots of pictures for you guys! :) Insted of cutting in the original wires to make the bi-color and the indicator lights work, I will show you how we can make all the adjustments in the taillight connection! This is to make it all look better and not tamper with the original wires.

By doing the work in this way, the warranty will not be affected! This is because all the work is going on in the tail lamp, and not in the wires.

Hi,
Did you find a solution for the rear fog light?

monsta

Car(s)
Golf GTI Performance
Hey are those yours? I'm looking to do it and if it's true, the price on that link is too good to be true!

Need to buy the long cable though.

Yep they're mine. Although I have now sold them privately which is good as the 10% ebay feed would've been silly if I'd got the same money.

mk7norway

Ready to race!
This is the picture GUIDE!!!

Please ask me questions if you have any! :) Tried to explain the best that I could. We did everything we could to not touch the original electronic wires in the car. All the solder was added to the taillight it self, to provide us for making the bridge from Pin 1 to Pin 4. This will make the fog light and inner indicator work.

BEST FOR LUCK GUYS!!!!
We used about 1.hour on each side. :D

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8,471
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 8,472
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 8,593
  • 4 (2).jpg
    4 (2).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 9,062
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 8,379
  • 6 (2).jpg
    6 (2).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 8,367
  • 7 (2).jpg
    7 (2).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 8,324
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 8,179
  • 9 (2).jpg
    9 (2).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 8,295
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8,377
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 8,232
  • 12 (2).jpg
    12 (2).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 8,220
  • 13 (2).jpg
    13 (2).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 8,048
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 8,153
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8,118
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 8,115
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 8,065
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9,001
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 13,115
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 8,322

manndegolf

Passed Driver's Ed
This is the picture GUIDE!!!

Please ask me questions if you have any! :) Tried to explain the best that I could. We did everything we could to not touch the original electronic wires in the car. All the solder was added to the taillight it self, to provide us for making the bridge from Pin 1 to Pin 4. This will make the fog light and inner indicator work.

BEST FOR LUCK GUYS!!!!
We used about 1.hour on each side. :D

Thanks mate! A lot of prep work needed it seems, but the result is sweet!