GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bi-xenon headights

Hello_Mr_Mo

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick update.....problem solved. Beam is noticably lower & I wasnt flashed once tonight!

That's great news! Can't wait to pick mine up soon. One last question and please excuse me if I sound thick - with regards to the position of the bi-xenon lights on the front of the car, can you confirm they are based within the U shaped headlight? If this is the case, and the halogen DRLs are found in the nearest corners of the headlights closest to the badge of the car, where are the sidelights positioned?

vwman

Go Kart Champion
That's great news! Can't wait to pick mine up soon. One last question and please excuse me if I sound thick - with regards to the position of the bi-xenon lights on the front of the car, can you confirm they are based within the U shaped headlight? If this is the case, and the halogen DRLs are found in the nearest corners of the headlights closest to the badge of the car, where are the sidelights positioned?

The Bi-Xenon light is within the outer U-Shaped housing.
The halogen DRLs and sidelights are the same bulb using a twin filament and yes they or it is mounted in the U shaped housing closest to the badge.

Hello_Mr_Mo

Passed Driver's Ed
The Bi-Xenon light is within the outer U-Shaped housing.
The halogen DRLs and sidelights are the same bulb using a twin filament and yes they or it is mounted in the U shaped housing closest to the badge.

Thanks for the info vwman. So does that mean that the Halogen DRL and the side lights are the same thing but the side lights will be brighter? It's the first time I will own DRLs so I'm not familiar with how they work, but i thought that DRLs are separate lights/bulbs to side lights? I guess I will find out when I pick it up.

Stripey

Ready to race!
I think if you look at the image in the banner at the top of this page, it looks somewhat like that, except without the U shaped DRL. (I've read elsewhere that the bi-xenons were supposed to have the U shaped DRL's but there's been a marketing/production mistake somewhere & that hasn't happened yet!). The smaller light (nearest the badge) is the DRL & as VWMAN states, uses a twin filament - 1 being bright for DRL & 1 not so bright for a side light. Unlike side lights on cars without DRL's, the side light is only on/noticable when the DRL's are off e.g. when the car is parked. :)

merog1

Passed Driver's Ed
In norway the majority of the cars with Bi-xenon have the U shaped LED based DRL's.
Maybe there is different options for the UK marked?

vwman

Go Kart Champion
In norway the majority of the cars with Bi-xenon have the U shaped LED based DRL's.
Maybe there is different options for the UK marked?

The LED DRLs have only just become an option in the UK for an additional cost of £400 over and above the Bi-Xenon cost of £785.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I take it you mean LED DRLs .
If you paid £1175 for Bi-Xenons then yes.
If you paid £785 for Bi-Xenons then no ( Halogen DRLs)

Moxib82

What type of go DRL bulbs are the hologon ones. Would like to change my to a nice white light rather than the standard colour bulb

Goku008

I world mine paying £1175 but know one tall me about this so I pay £785 the deal should tall me about this so I world pay now is too late build week confused.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
What type of go DRL bulbs are the hologon ones. Would like to change my to a nice white light rather than the standard colour bulb

They are a twin filament bulb PW24W.
There are some aftermarket LED ones about designed for BMW but even some of these throw error lights on later BMWs 2013+

Moxib82

They are a twin filament bulb PW24W.
There are some aftermarket LED ones about designed for BMW but even some of these throw error lights on later BMWs 2013+

Ye that's what I was worried about. Hopefully somebody will have found some that work fine by the time my car arrives?

Ron Stig

I have bi-xenons fitted to my GT and I also think they shine quite high. As you say, very noticable when sitting behind another vehicle at traffic lights (for instance). I have not been flashed by other users but will pop into a dealer to get the self levelling checked out. Thanks.