GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI MKVII Official Photos and Details (Euro Specs)

haylo75

Ready to race!
I'm not sure how many MKVI lovers the MKVII is going to convert. Only time will tell.

As far as I'm concerned though: MKVI GTI + APR Stage I ECU Upgrade > MKVII GTI

Also, why on earth do the MKV, MKVI and MKVII sites not have a unified login / authentication system? It's annoying to have to sign up over and over.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
And before you know it, VW will announce the R model and then everyone will go on about how "it's not worth the extra money", "not as powerful as an EVO/STI", etc.

I'm still going to reserve judgement on the looks of it until I see it in the flesh.

Yes, I'm really curious to see the car in the flesh.
I've read where people have said that it's quite noticably lower in person.

I'd love to see side by side images of a 6 & 7 from all angles.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
we wont get them here in Canada thats for sure like in Europe. They chose not too give the Recaro seats and the L.E.D rear lights on the Golf-R in Canada but still want $38550

its weird you say that i actually was at the dealership with a friend the other day and mk6 golf r was there and didnt have led tails and saw one driving the other day without led tails...i wouldnt take the car simply because that id have them install it and keep the halogen ones it blows my mind why some have them and some dont...its like putting the red gti stripe on some gti's and not others

tumbleweeds

Passed Driver's Ed
its weird you say that i actually was at the dealership with a friend the other day and mk6 golf r was there and didnt have led tails and saw one driving the other day without led tails...i wouldnt take the car simply because that id have them install it and keep the halogen ones it blows my mind why some have them and some dont...its like putting the red gti stripe on some gti's and not others

No North American Golf R came with LED's. Any of the ones you've seen on an R were installed by the owner. Due to DOT regulations we didn't get them.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
No North American Golf R came with LED's. Any of the ones you've seen on an R were installed by the owner. Due to DOT regulations we didn't get them.

Learn something new everyday lol had no idea about that just assumed from seeing them and them being called r led tails they came with them but never actually looked at them in the dealership till that day

Hooklyn

Banned
Everything seems to be just about right.

- Actual 0-60 in the 5.5-5.8 range (depending on MT or DSG)
- 25-28mpg City and 37/38mpg Hwy (up 18% from current like it says)
- Only down appx. 50 lbs though is disappointing. I was hoping for a loss more in line with the MK7 Golf which was down almost 150 lbs.

And I would expect pricing to stay about the same. No more than $25k base price.

Sounds very good and promising. MK6 but better. As it should be.

bluvv04

Ready to race!
I assume that the US version will be packaged the sameway as the MK6 2011 going foward, and MKV. My dealer told me that we as American's generally dont like options, we like packages more. So I assume that it will have the same general packages.

It could get the Climatronic climate control, but my dealer said that when VW introduces a new model, they usually give it one or two options more in its first year of production for the US, then pull it (2006 GTI had dual zone climatronic, 2007-on did not. new Passat had climatronic, its been pulled for its second year, 2010 MK6 had RNS-510, 2011 on had RNS-315.) to help with boosting the initial sales of the vehicle...

I don't know but I think thats weird, and its safe to say if I get a MK7, most likely will be in the first production year...

Last edited: