GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIVE from Paris Show: Debut of 2013 GTI and Golf [Photos]

tman1

Ready to race!
Yes, I am speculating pricing for the Mk7 Golf R at close to $40K for a fully loaded car. I doubt very much pricing will be lower than the Mk6 R. They sold every one they shipped and stopped taking orders a couple months ago. It will be a market-demand equation; not a volume sales proposition.

Really?? That's for US only I'm assuming?

I need to really consider doing my change to the R sooner then!

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Really?? That's for US only I'm assuming?

I need to really consider doing my change to the R sooner then!

No not really, they are sitting on the lots the same way the R32 did. My dealership has had two rotting away since they came out.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
No not really, they are sitting on the lots the same way the R32 did. My dealership has had two rotting away since they came out.

Wonder how good of a deal you could get.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Wonder how good of a deal you could get.

If you could be patient enough for the Golf 7 to show up on the lots.... probably a shit ton off, they will still have R's on the lots then.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
FYI, the "17 inch" is the minimum size wheel for brake clearance....some odd ball European convention in describing brake size....its not the size of the disc...

Thanks, that makes sense. Hopefully we will see larger rotors in the front and vented rotors in the rear. The R has rear vented rotors where as we GTI owners have solid rear discs.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I dont see a MAF on the intake tract. Must be located in the mystery box at the compressor inlet.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
20 bucks says we won't get those LED tail lights in the states...Like the Dark Cherry RED LEDs on the MK6 there is no integrated reflector

krische

vdubber in training
20 bucks says we won't get those LED tail lights in the states...Like the Dark Cherry RED LEDs on the MK6 there is no integrated reflector

I thought it was a "visible from the side" issue for the USA. From this picture

it looks like the LEDs are visible from the side.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
If we get them, they will probably have the brake/turn signal combined since that thin stripe won't pass the DOT laws for being to small for a turn signal...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
If we get them, they will probably have the brake/turn signal combined since that thin stripe won't pass the DOT laws for being to small for a turn signal...

I agree with this.