More Golf R photos

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The 2013 Golf R is NOT the MK7. It is still the MK6

.:R32AtuB.

vw pride never stops baby
regarudless of the fact that this is probably a test mule, i am gonna start saving as much as I can for this car. I cant wait. and wont it debut in like 2016?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
regarudless of the fact that this is probably a test mule, i am gonna start saving as much as I can for this car. I cant wait. and wont it debut in like 2016?

Who knows at this point. But its a good assumption to believe it'll be roughly two years after startup in keeping with the trend.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
if they got a test mule out already, I'm wondering if it will be closer to mid 2014.

Test mules were out for the MK6 around the launch period.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I heard that vw wants to get the R out sooner. They do typically wait, but for the MK7 R expect to see it shortly after the gti's release.

"Rumor has it that the Golf 7 R will be out much sooner than past R models and will be around for at least 4 years of the six year product lifecycle"-jamie@vortex

Belix

Passed Driver's Ed
makes sense to me. What's the point inputting in a bunch of development, and the car is only available for half the period of the production run.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I heard that vw wants to get the R out sooner. They do typically wait, but for the MK7 R expect to see it shortly after the gti's release.

"Rumor has it that the Golf 7 R will be out much sooner than past R models and will be around for at least 4 years of the six year product lifecycle"-jamie@vortex

Let us hope. I might wait on it if its closer to GTI release.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!

Yes I heard similar rumors as well. I think this is presumably because the MK7 will have 3 performance models (GTI/R/RS) and the RS will likely be launched around the end of the MK7 lifeline.

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
i heard that VW is wanting to push out the Golf R as a highline and yearly production, lets say such as the RS5 of the A5 model in comparison. So it might come out sooner than we think.

vdubbing

The first picture looks just like a current Jetta. Far too plain for an R.

That's because it is masked behind a base MK7 Golf body. The look and specs of the new MK7 R have not been released yet. VW likes to keep things under wraps to build the hype. The MK7 R will look nothing like what you are seeing in these pics.