GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any advantages to MK7 being built in Mexico?

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Its probably whats keeping the cost down from all of the upgraded components that are coming over the mk6. I think the car looks slightly worse but stock for stock in performance sounds about twice as good.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
We'll get more features for the same price because it's less costly to build in Mexico than it is to build in Germany and ship here. For some reason though, I like the German built GTI...knowing my MKVI is the last gen built there makes me want to hold onto it more. I'm weird though.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
-Better prices for both parties ( buyer / car maker) benefiting from the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

-Quicker delivery

-It might not be from Germany,since it is going to be a Mexican product,but still an imported car.For those who loves the pedigree

-Potential manufacturing issues? Who knows..

-Negative side of this: Lower resale value.

-There is not such a perfect car.

McQueen77

Banned
-Better prices for both parties ( buyer / car maker) benefiting from the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

-Quicker delivery

-It might not be from Germany,since it is going to be a Mexican product,but still an imported car.For those who loves the pedigree

yeah, the automatic assumption would be that itll be cheaper but it looks like it will start at the same price point. ah well.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
It'll be the same price point but we'll get more. In the past, we always got watered down GTIs compared to the euro cars. Now ours are virtually the same minus hi tech stuff. We'll get more hp and the performance pack! That latter of which I'm most excited about.

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
It'll be the same price point but we'll get more. In the past, we always got watered down GTIs compared to the euro cars. Now ours are virtually the same minus hi tech stuff. We'll get more hp and the performance pack! That latter of which I'm most excited about.

10hp! WIN!

SlowS3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3 & MK7.5 GTI
Mexico, will probably have less restrictions on materials :) the mk6 gti sold in mexico is a lot nicer than ours, they have the stock euro lip and no side markers.

Here's a pic when i went to mexico last year.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion

-Quicker delivery

You mean wider profit margins for VW.