GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest Nav Maps for Discover Pro

Russkiya

Passed Driver's Ed

merlinho

Can someone who has updated help me with a basic question. My maps are currently on an SD card in slot 1 - if I download the update and put on another SD card to install, will I need to leave this new card in the drive all the time I.e. does Discover Pro read from the new card, or will it install from the card and then I can remove and put my music on it?

Also does the old card have to be left in?

merlinho

I've downloaded onto SD card, and inserted, but when I go to Menu -> Setup -> System information, there is no Update Software button as depicted in the Navigon instructions. Any ideas anyone? When I insert the card, Software Download flashes up on the screen.

ept

Ready to race!
I've downloaded onto SD card, and inserted, but when I go to Menu -> Setup -> System information, there is no Update Software button as depicted in the Navigon instructions. Any ideas anyone? When I insert the card, Software Download flashes up on the screen.

Did you succeed in updating your maps Merlinho?

DexNott

New to the upgrading systems. How do VW notify owners of a sat nav upgrade? do I call back to VW garage, do I get aan alert from VW website??

vwman

Go Kart Champion
New to the upgrading systems. How do VW notify owners of a sat nav upgrade? do I call back to VW garage, do I get aan alert from VW website??

I doubt your dealer will notify you mine doesn't but you can ask them periodically if your map version is current.
I have been told a new map version is out at the end of the year.

The Navteq website, where you download the map updates , strangely doesn't show the version number before you start a download (takes a fair while but can be done in five parts ).

Maybe it didn't because I downloaded onto the PC first rather than straight over the existing SD map card.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
You were lucky, the update for my Nav Pro was 16gb and 16 parts ! Took 2 days to download (even with 50mb fibre optic broadband). The Navteq website must be being bombarded !

vwman

Go Kart Champion
You were lucky, the update for my Nav Pro was 16gb and 16 parts ! Took 2 days to download (even with 50mb fibre optic broadband). The Navteq website must be being bombarded !

You can see why dealers don't want to get involved with map updates.

le0n1

Ready to race!
Anyone else but me have problems downloading it? Seems to stop og disapeer around 25-30% evertime i try. Last time it did'nt start downloading at all.

le0n1

Ready to race!
Finaly got it started and are on 50% now after 12-14 hours :)