GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ipod Nano 5th Gen connection issue

monkey boy kev

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All,

I picked up my new Golf Mk 7 GT TDI on Monday this week and have the media-in connection lead included (the one to attach and iPod or iPhone etc) but it's really hit an miss if it registers my iPod being connected.

I have a 5th Generation iPod and when it does connect it appears to work fine, it's just really annoying that it doesn't always connect.

Anyone else have this issue? or can anyone suggest what the issue might be and how i can rectify it?

Thanks in advance

monkey boy kev

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers Mcmaddy, the one that came with the car appears to have a blue colouring to it - the one that has the 30 pin ipod connection on the end.

It's just annoying as it works sometimes but not others!!!

monkey boy kev

Passed Driver's Ed
Possibly a stupid question but I presume the blue &red collared leads are the same 30 pin connector at the iPod end? So is it just the way the signal gets transferred?

I can't understand why VW would supply the wrong lead?!

Last edited:

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Before I collected my Golf I made sure that they replaced the Blue Collared standard lead with a red one, they did not even know that a red lead existed and thought I'd mis-read it somewhere. To their surprise they found one:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 1,669
  • IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 1,294

ArjanM

But, be aware. The red one isn't compatible with the Ipod Nano 4th Gen for example...
Doesn't work at all. The blue collar cable does, but without album art.

Virgil574

Thanks for this guys, worth registering on the site for this nugget alone!

That will be why my 6th Gen Nano has been acting the fool on and off since I got my Golf VII 2.0 GT back in May (and does not do artwork at all)...

I've had two blue-collar cables (the one that came with the VII and one I held over from the Passat I had before) and now I know why they were equally as bad...

*sigh*