GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not able to use vw system to call

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Hv got my golf a couple of months (soon will do a post with pics :D and everything) ... however just recently have changed my phone ... The issue that I am facing is that when I try to do a call from the vw system interface, I get a disconnection error ... I can however receive calls fine ... What I have noticed however, is that if I then call via the mobile I would then be able to use the system interface to communicate ... my current mobile is the Samsung S4 mini ... previous mobile did not have any issues, was able to both make and receive calls.

Kindly advice
Tnx

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
What was your previous phone?

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Nokia N96

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Any news in this respect as I still cant use the system to make a call, but have to do it manually on the phone and then it comes on the syste ... also what do the mailbox number and prefix refer to in the phone screen setup as per attached pic

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Tnx ... had an option on he mobile itself whereby had to select the connection type to make a call from the system ..
Now it works perfectly .... as for the mailbox and prefix, then what is its purpose to input them? ... also the mailbox, do i have to include also the predix or not?

iliadis_babis

I don't think I have this option,it makes calls from the system by default. As for the prefix let's say you travel by car to another country, you put your home land's prefix so you can make calls, instead of manually dialing it every time. Mailbox doesn't need that as far as I know

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
So the mailbox is there for when i receive a phonecall and i would not be able to answer (same concept as the mailbox set on my phone)

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Exactly :)