GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stereo settings in my GTD.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,

Getting to grips with the standard GTD stereo. Really wish I had gone for the Dynaudio, but that's another story :-:)-:)-(.

I find the lower volumes lacking any kind of depth or quality. It feels like it needs a loud button, is there one or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance, Rappy.

wildswan

Ready to race!
Thanks, but thats not the issue. I have all set perfect for mid to high volumes. Just sounds very flat on low volumes, hence the question is there a loud button?

Is it anything to do with gala setting? Is there a scale you can adjust to cater for road noise etc?

My Audi gets louder with road noise etc and can set it wondered if VW do the same?

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, but thats not the issue. I have all set perfect for mid to high volumes. Just sounds very flat on low volumes, hence the question is there a loud button?

No, there isn't and agree, the stereo is flat and tinny at low volume. If it's any consolation, I've owned two GTs, one with standard stereo, current with Dynaudio, and the Dynaudio has the same flatness at low volume in my opinion.

Fanis1

Ready to race!
Is it anything to do with gala setting? Is there a scale you can adjust to cater for road noise etc?

My Audi gets louder with road noise etc and can set it wondered if VW do the same?

Yes, they do, I can clearly recall even in the mk6, so there must be in mk7 too

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
No, there isn't and agree, the stereo is flat and tinny at low volume. If it's any consolation, I've owned two GTs, one with standard stereo, current with Dynaudio, and the Dynaudio has the same flatness at low volume in my opinion.

Thanks for that :):):). .

Come from Dynaudio, I think the standard set up is pretty good.

wobbler

Ready to race!
I have the dynaudio in my car. Mine sounded a little mid forward to start with but after 2 weeks of use sounds much better as the drivers are now run in. I also noticed that if i set my E.Q. while the engine is not running, then set off the bass seems to get a bit lost due to the noise of the car so i have to boost it slightly. Overall though i think it sounds good compared to most stock systems. I only use 320Kbs mp3's or WAV files as i think anything less sounds compressed anyway.

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Had a Bose system in the last Audi.
Gti has the standard Pro Nav sys.
Sound quality between the two is negligible..
But then I am an old person..lol

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Had a Bose system in the last Audi.
Gti has the standard Pro Nav sys.
Sound quality between the two is negligible..
But then I am an old person..lol

The bose vs the dynaudio is a different matter though, the bose seems to be a bass boosted sound, where as the dynaudio is certainly more dynamic.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,

Getting to grips with the standard GTD stereo. Really wish I had gone for the Dynaudio, but that's another story :-:)-:)-(.

I find the lower volumes lacking any kind of depth or quality. It feels like it needs a loud button, is there one or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance, Rappy.

Firstly, a moment to poke fun... Stereo ? you sound like my dear departed mum. :p

What is your music source, Radio, CD or media files.

I ask because some of the MP3 files I have are quiet and flat compared to others and I have to adjust the volume up and down between them. I admit it's likely to be my own fault for erm.. sourcing the files from the Internet.

If you go to the in car entertainment section of the forum most people recommend that variable bit rate wma files give the best compromise between file size and quality.

If you're music quality problems are with CDs or the wireless ;-) I'll get back in box and try to learn not to be so cheeky

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Firstly, a moment to poke fun... Stereo ? you sound like my dear departed mum. :p

What is your music source, Radio, CD or media files.

I ask because some of the MP3 files I have are quiet and flat compared to others and I have to adjust the volume up and down between them. I admit it's likely to be my own fault for erm.. sourcing the files from the Internet.

If you go to the in car entertainment section of the forum most people recommend that variable bit rate wma files give the best compromise between file size and quality.

If you're music quality problems are with CDs or the wireless ;-) I'll get back in box and try to learn not to be so cheeky

Chris, you cheeky sod :p

Sorry, infotainment system or ICE. Is that better? ;);)

Media source , are we talking newspapers here :eek:

Joking aside :D, all my music is currently via bluetooth.

I have tried various sources with the same issue. I think it needs a loud button to boost depth on lower volumes.

Looks like I have my first and only issue with my Golf.