GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sat Nav question?

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been used to using Tom Tom with the very good live traffic problem alerts which can then be avoided.

I now have VW's built in Sat Nav in my new GT which seems ok for general navigation but not quite as good, I can live with it. However the one question I have is how does the TMC traffic interact with the Sat Nav?

On the console I can press the traffic button and see all the traffic problems but this isn't linked to the Sat Nav (?). Or I can plan a route, my Sat Nav is still defaulting to three routes, and then I get a message saying traffic detected on route. At this point does the Sat Nav automatically avoid the traffic problem mentioned or is there a way to manually select to avoid that known traffic problem?

Any views appreciated, thanks.

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: VW mentions it HERE and it apparently automatically avoids the problem. Can anyone confirm if this appears to happen, automatically or a manual option? I've not used mine enough to tell yet.

Thanks

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I assume that having set the congestion levels/miles in the nav settings and 'checked' you wish to have 'Dynamic Route Guidance' it automatically re routes you with the TMC input.

Again this is only an assumption as I have set a high level of acceptable congestion.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I assume that having set the congestion levels/miles in the nav settings and 'checked' you wish to have 'Dynamic Route Guidance' it automatically re routes you with the TMC input.

Again this is only an assumption as I have set a high level of acceptable congestion.

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the reply.

Having the Dynamic Route option checked is supposed to re-route automatically, I think you are right.

I am not sure how the congestion level works though? As I understand it I can set a level of delay, but does that not just extend the journey clock because I have told the system I am delayed, or is it it some sort of manual congestion entry - telling the system that I am stuck in traffic that it didn't detect?

PJ954

On a long journey last week my sat nav advised that a new route was being calculated due to traffic congestion on the route selected. I switched from media to radio and picked up a traffic alert saying M4 was blocked due to an accident so I let the sat nav do its stuff. Brilliant.

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for our feedback, just the sort of thing I was interested in :)