GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blank screen after refuelling (!)

Flup

Passed Driver's Ed
Yesterday evening I drove to the petrol station with the radio on and functioning normally. After refuelling, I started the engine, the radio came on but the screen was blank. Turned it off and on again, still blank. I could press things on the screen and it went 'beep', I could switch between radio and media, but no display at all.

Another journey later in the day was completely normal -- the display came on as soon as I switched on the ignition.

Anyone else seen this odd problem? I feel it's not worth a dealer visit if it never comes back.

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
Had the same problem on mine after 3 days! Went out in the morning everything fine, came home for 10 minutes, when I started the car, blank screen. I knew that if I switched off and back on again it would probably reset, so I drove straight to my dealer so they could see the problem. I left the car running while I called someone to have a look. Everything seemed to be working, radio, media etc. Technicians couldn't get screen to come back on so they switched car off and back on again, guess what, everything back to normal! At least they saw the fault for themselves. There wasn't much else they could do once it was all working again so I said I would monitor it and if it recurred I would take it back. So far, after two weeks it hasn't happened again. Hopefully it was just a one off!

GP