GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stopping my iPhone from automatically playing music?

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all

Is it possible to stop my iphone from automatically playing tracks? As soon as I connect it by cable it immediately starts playing a track and sometimes, if not cable connected, it does it via Bluetooth too.

I want my iPhone to act as an iPod but I only want it to play tracks when I select them manually.

Any help appreciated :)

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hi all

Is it possible to stop my iphone from automatically playing tracks? As soon as I connect it by cable it immediately starts playing a track and sometimes, if not cable connected, it does it via Bluetooth too.

I want my iPhone to act as an iPod but I only want it to play tracks when I select them manually.

Any help appreciated :)

I have the same issue! Has anyone solved this one?

Does it not only play tracks when selected as a source? Simply select another source?
It doesn't sound like a vehicle problem more iOS :eek:

Boost1

Ready to race!
My android non-iphone will also start auto playing music a bit randomly and i haven't worked out how to stop it either other than changing the source. I would ideally like it to just stay on the source I was last listening to instead of auto choosing bluetooth sometimes.

randomsoup

It's only a minor niggle, but I agree it's annoying when you just want to charge the phone and your iPhone music interrupts the radio programme you're listening to. Even worse is the potential for passengers to be briefly exposed to my embarrassing taste in music!

The salesman called for a follow up today and I asked about this. He said that's just how it works and you have to change the source back to radio each time you plug the phone in.

I can't find anything in the car or iPhone settings to stop this. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Seems to be the way the media system works. In the same way as above, if the radio is selected and then you insert an SD card, the source changes to the SD card.

There is a logic there, but it doesn't always suit! I can only suggest using a USB adaptor in the 12v power point and charging your phone from there.

randomsoup

I've found that if if I plug the phone in before I start the ignition, or soon afterwards (when the infotainment system is booting up), then my iPhone music doesn't play automatically.

Boost1

Ready to race!
I am now using a proper phone manufacturers car dock/cradle and the auto playing thing has stopped. Weird. Still does it if phone is plugged directly into the media in socket it seems.

GC854

Ready to race!
I've found that if if I plug the phone in before I start the ignition, or soon afterwards (when the infotainment system is booting up), then my iPhone music doesn't play automatically.

Same here.

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
Back on this issue again! I have long since stopped using the media cable because there isn't (or wasn't at the time) one to suit an iPhone 5 and now my 6s, so I have successfully been using the SD card option.

However I now am using the excellent TomTom app as SatNav with the phone held in a Window mount, it's a far superior solution to the VW version and integrates nicely via Bluetooth to the audio but it changes things. To use the app via Bluetooth means that I can no longer use the SD card slot for audio as one source overrides the other - I can have either or. My work around was to start using iTunes again on my iPhone 6s which means both TomTom and iTunes share the same audio source, this works great except..........as with the start of this thread iTunes automatically starts playing as soon as the Bluetooth connection is established, although this time around it plays a totally random track, not one starting with A.

Forget the TomTom relevance but has anyone stopped an iPhone from automatically starting iTunes as soon as it connects to the Golf?

hal

Ready to race!
I know I'm reviving a very old thread but I might have found a solution via VCDS.

Check the attached. It's the infotainment module, Byte 11, Bit-0.

I un-ticked it and now it will not auto-play. Still connects via Bluetooth and all but it just won't auto-play.

For the record, I have a MIB-1 Composition Media.

Attachments

• mk7bluetooth.JPG
    mk7bluetooth.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,087

gtibnz

VCDS fix - not there for NA

Hey all,

USA 2015 GTI MK7 Autobahn PP MT owner here (MIB I).

Tried VCDS to see if I could fix this, and I could not get the same Module up as hal. Doesn't seem like I could get any options to tweak the Media Player itself; my long code string was different and I spent a couple hours experimenting with changing a bunch of the bits.

Unfortunate news for NA'ers I'm sure.

Big problem for me is not that the car autoplays, but that it overrides any other app or player on my phone (YouTube, 3rd party music apps) with the Music app. I will start playing a YT video and it will run for a second before starting the song again. Drives me mad.

I've found that to make the autoplay stop, I'll open, then close the music app. Or press play repeatedly (annoying I know) on the app that I'm on. Or do a power or connection cycle through MIB-I.

Would be great to know if others have better luck using VCDS in NA!