GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynaudio

Richard Mk7

Ready to race!
Who has the Dynaudio package fitted in their GTI's ?

Been hearing mixed reviews regarding it, especially where the subwoofer is situated ?

Also, what is the quality of the sound like from the speaker system ?

I went for this option on my MK7 GTI, as I enjoy my music whist driving. Just want to hear some genuine reviews from members who have the Dynaudio package.

Thanks in advanced. :)

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had 2 mk7s, both GTs, one (current ex-demo) with Dynaudio and one without. I'm not in any way an audio expert, but it's a major improvement on the standard system (which is not bad at all) and I'd order it if I was buying new today. I find I play a lot more music in the car. Even our kids seem to enjoy the sound and there are fewer cries of 'turn it down!' from the back.

Sub is in the boot, inside the space saver in GTI/D. GT / SE with the system do without spare due to smaller wheel diameter, but get a fair bit of extra load space under the false floor.

jimma_uk

Ready to race!
I had the dynaudio in my Scirocco, and it was amazing. However the system in the Mk7 sounds much better. In fact, it was a must spec on my Golf. I'm not a audio expert, but I know what I like, and the sound quality of the system really makes me enjoy my music and drive a lot more. In my opinion, it's worth every penny.

dadu

Ready to race!
After 8000 miles, I've found a problem with the Dynaudio. The voices and the high frequencies are to strog/loud. After a while at a higher volume, they start to disturb me. It's a little difficult for me to explain but I hope you get it.

testcard

Ready to race!
Had it in my last couple of GTDs, and wouldn't be without it. To get the best out of it, select one of the 4 presets (I prefer Authentic), and then tweak further with the Individual EQ settings.

dadu

Ready to race!
Had it in my last couple of GTDs, and wouldn't be without it. To get the best out of it, select one of the 4 presets (I prefer Authentic), and then tweak further with the Individual EQ settings.

I'll try, someday... Although I really like the Dynaudio focus zones.

Richard Mk7

Ready to race!
Cheers for the replys everyone, much appreciated :)

I'm now looking forward to hearing the sound quality of the Dynaudio now.

It was a must have option for me, as I didn't want to be running cables for an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer, especially in a brand new car!