GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynaudio question and info.

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
My ex-demo GT has the Dynaudio system. It has a very annoying habit - if I set the audio profile to one of the Dynaudio settings the system re-sets to 'individual' everytime I turn off and re-start. Does any one else with Dynaudio have that issue? And the info bit - you dont get a spare wheel with the system, just an aerosol. It is brilliant though, even my self-confessed cloth-eared wife says so.

GTD184

Ready to race!
I was informed and shown a GTD with Dynaudio which had a compact spare wheel which had the sub woofer sited inside the spare wheel so not sure why you have no spare wheel. Although I did hear the early mkvii's had no spare when the Dynaudio option was selected.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I have heard of that problem - but cant give you much further assistance on it - its worth a search here as I am sure its been discussed.

Re the second part - thats very odd as the Dynaudio sub is designed to fit inside the spare wheel! This thread has pictures:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2145

Are you sure you have Dynaudio and not the dealer fitted 'Plug & Play' system (that requires removal of the spare wheel? YOu should have Dynaudio emblems on the upper speakers if you do have the full system.

testcard

Ready to race!
The Dynaudio question was discussed on another forum a couple of weeks ago. The consensus was that you can select one of 4 sound profiles, and then tweak that profile further with the Individual EQ settings. So it's not an issue, rather it's designed to allow fine tuning of your chosen profile.

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
I have heard of that problem - but cant give you much further assistance on it - its worth a search here as I am sure its been discussed.

Re the second part - thats very odd as the Dynaudio sub is designed to fit inside the spare wheel! This thread has pictures:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2145

Are you sure you have Dynaudio and not the dealer fitted 'Plug & Play' system (that requires removal of the spare wheel? YOu should have Dynaudio emblems on the upper speakers if you do have the full system.

Just followed that link. So the answer is that you get a spare in a GTD/I but not in an SE / GT. Reason is obvious - it only fits in 18 inch wheels!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Brilliant answer - only now realised you are driving a GT!

Is there any chance that you could post a picture of your sub installation - i am wondering if its the same basic unit but with a mounting ring or whatnot to allow it to fit in the spare wheel recess? Where does the inflation bottle go? Is it a 'Tyreweld' type thing or a little compressor?

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed

Is there any chance that you could post a picture of your sub installation - i am wondering if its the same basic unit but with a mounting ring or whatnot to allow it to fit in the spare wheel recess? Where does the inflation bottle go? Is it a 'Tyreweld' type thing or a little compressor?

Thanks. Haven't had a proper look yet, will do a picture at the weekend.

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Why, is your GT smaller than a GTI?:D

No, the space in the boot is the same size, but the inside diameter of a 17 inch spare is smaller than that of an 18 inch spare. The sub sits in the wheel.

You'd think they could have made the sub slightly smaller.

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed

Here you go. There's a can and a compressor. And on the right is a jack. Can't work out why I'd need that. Haven't had a puncture for 6 years. There - bet I've jinxed that!

001.JPG

002.JPG

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I like that compressor, would have preffered that to the space saver wheel, after all, if the space saver wheel is on the car, then the original size wheel will be in the well.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for posting the photos Andy - seems the Dyanaudio unit is the same regardless of whether you have a spare wheel or the compressor/aerosol.

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
I like that compressor, would have preffered that to the space saver wheel, after all, if the space saver wheel is on the car, then the original size wheel will be in the well.

The compressor is neat. May be handy for blowing up airbeds when camping!

Hadn't thought of your point about the full size wheel having to go in the well, I suppose that would involve dismantling the sub to make room, or else just leaving it in the boot. GTI/D drivers with Dynaudio might want to invest in a pump and repair can anyway?