GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subwoofer - warranty

pherrygers

Hi,

My excuses in advance if this post doesn't belong here.

I'm planning on getting a subwoofer installed in my golf MKVII. Problably not gonna do it myself but by a professional. Does anyone know if it affects the warranty? I'm afraid if I contact my dealer he'll answer that is has to be done by the dealer which will be more expensive.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hi,

My excuses in advance if this post doesn't belong here.

I'm planning on getting a subwoofer installed in my golf MKVII. Problably not gonna do it myself but by a professional. Does anyone know if it affects the warranty? I'm afraid if I contact my dealer he'll answer that is has to be done by the dealer which will be more expensive.

It depends what type of subwooffer you are installing, ICE used to be my hobby back in the 90s, I can tell you the dynaudio is worth every penny , put it like this in my Corrado I had a 4ch amp plus another amp for the sub, 10" Alpine die cast chassis sub, upgraded speakers and head unit, speaker and power wires, battery and alternator upgraded, DSP, 6 disc changer, as you can imagine it cost a fair bit over £500 and probably sounded only slightly improved upon the dynaudio, however to mount the kit added plenty of weight and luggae space was reduced.

pherrygers

It depends what type of subwooffer you are installing, ICE used to be my hobby back in the 90s, I can tell you the dynaudio is worth every penny , put it like this in my Corrado I had a 4ch amp plus another amp for the sub, 10" Alpine die cast chassis sub, upgraded speakers and head unit, speaker and power wires, battery and alternator upgraded, DSP, 6 disc changer, as you can imagine it cost a fair bit over £500 and probably sounded only slightly improved upon the dynaudio, however to mount the kit added plenty of weight and luggae space was reduced.

my idea was to install an active subwoofer, I just want to add low sounds not to many wires. I was just wondering about the vw warranty.

monsta

Car(s)
Golf GTI Performance
my idea was to install an active subwoofer, I just want to add low sounds not to many wires. I was just wondering about the vw warranty.

Have you seen there is a VW plug and play system that is separate to the DynAudio system? Might be enough and will keep you out of any grey areas for warranty...