GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod friendly dealers (Socal)

iGetSchwifty

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Sub'd because I would also like to know this, I bought mine from Timmons in Long Beach I haven't spoken to the service department yet.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
I've had good experiences with service advisor Paul at VW Alhambra.
I bought my car at Alhambra and had my previous MK5 serviced there a couple of times as well. I can tell you this, there are several salesmen and service guys that have modded GTI's/R's at that dealership. So even though I can't say 100% that they are mod friendly, it sure seems like they are. I talked about modding with several people at that dealership, including the finance guy. haha

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I've heard good things about Galpin VW. Brought my GTI and Golf there without any problems

GTIMK7T

Ready to race!
Galpin VW. Ask for Daniel as your Service adviser. Highly recommend. He is awesome, and you can be honest to him. He will tell you what to do!

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Don't go to Pasadena VW.

sinetics

I recently went in to VW DTLA for the fuel pump recall. I didn't take off my JB1 and when I received the breakdown of everything they did (visual inspection, battery check, etc.), there was no mention about having anything installed.

I'll be doing my 20k service soon and I'm debating whether to leave it on based on my experience there or just take it of...but I'm so lazy :(

EdGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
been avoiding taking my car for the recall since I have jb1 and downpipe on.... had bad experiences with dealers with past cars. In theory having a modded car shouldn't make any difference since they're doing a recall, but some service managers will flag the car so idk =/

GTIMK7T

Ready to race!
I will NEVER go to the DTLA dealer again.... I bought my car there. Then went in for a minor window squeek, got treated like shit. And left very unhappy. I NEVER leave bad reviews. But did. Manager called me to make it up how ever he can, and I said I am sorry you have lost my business. I now go to Galpin, and get treated like a King, they are mod friendly, and not dicks....

Go to Galpin

I recently went in to VW DTLA for the fuel pump recall. I didn't take off my JB1 and when I received the breakdown of everything they did (visual inspection, battery check, etc.), there was no mention about having anything installed.

I'll be doing my 20k service soon and I'm debating whether to leave it on based on my experience there or just take it of...but I'm so lazy :(

Anyone had any experience with Neftin in Thousand Oaks?

Santa Barbara VW closed up a few months ago, and I have been in search for a good dealership that is not too far away from my house (SB) or work (Simi Valley). I do most maintenance and basic repairs myself, but I will need some warranty-work and recalls done soon. My previous experiences with Ventura VW left a bad taste in my mouth, so I'd rather not give them my business.