GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch replacement cost

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Anyone have an idea on what's the cost in labor only? I got a quote from a shop and it seems a bit high but I'm no expert.

Quote:
-flywheel + clutch pressure plate + Clutch release bearing remove & replace = $786
-Resurface flywheel = $130

Total: $916

EA888MK7

Ready to race!
Seems pretty reasonable?

Have you checked out Emmaneule Design? I know they sell clutches and probably do the work themselves..

You're looking at at a day's worth of labor.. I'd shop around a little more..

Just my $.02

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
My local go-to independent quoted 7 hours of labor.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Seems pretty reasonable?

Have you checked out Emmaneule Design? I know they sell clutches and probably do the work themselves..

You're looking at at a day's worth of labor.. I'd shop around a little more..

Just my $.02

I haven't check Emmaneule yet. I'm shopping around for the parts also so I'll check their online shop for the clutch. I'm looking to tune my car soon and want to be prepared (financial wise) in case my clutch start slipping.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Anyone have an idea on what's the cost in labor only? I got a quote from a shop and it seems a bit high but I'm no expert.

Quote:
-flywheel + clutch pressure plate + Clutch release bearing remove & replace = $786

That's cheap.
BTW I don't think you can resurface the flywheels in the MK7.

I agree, Don't resurface a dual-mass flywheel. Likely the spring package has some damage too.

GTIMK7T

Ready to race!
I was charged $600 for install Southbend Stage 3 daily, and lightweight flywheel!

If you need an oem flywheel I have one barley used. And pretty much PERFECT condition! Feel free to shoot me a message! It's just taking up space!

Hexxum001

Ready to race!

Quote:

Just to clarify, is $916 just for labor?

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
Got dayum. That's a lot for labor. But yeah, OP, I would say give Emmanuele Design a call. They have pretty much installed everything on my car and their rates for labor are more than reasonable. I'm going to be getting the SRE clutch pretty soon and the price I was quoted for the clutch and labor is pretty damn good. They are also installing my intercooler and a couple of other things next weekend.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
I was charged $600 for install Southbend Stage 3 daily, and lightweight flywheel!

If you need an oem flywheel I have one barley used. And pretty much PERFECT condition! Feel free to shoot me a message! It's just taking up space!

Thank you for the offer. My clutch is still fine (only 20k miles on the car) but I'm just getting and idea so I can prepare my wallet once I get the tune.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion

Where was this at?

I have my SB 3 daily needing to go in and need to start putting quotes together.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Just FYI, there are folks on various regional fourms of this board charging $350 for clutch installs. Granted, these are young, hungry independent types.