GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hands Free Telephone

PeteAntrim

Passed Driver's Ed
Is anyone else having problems with their handsfree, i get loads of ppl when i talk to them on the phone saying that i sound very far away, or very "tinny" im going to get dealer to look at next week when shes in for her 20,000 mile service, i only got it in August, so need to make quick use of that manufact. warranty!!! lol:)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Mine's fine, although IMO it's not as good as that on the Mk6 plus it irritates me that there are only 4 speed-dials.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone else having problems with their handsfree, i get loads of ppl when i talk to them on the phone saying that i sound very far away, or very "tinny" im going to get dealer to look at next week when shes in for her 20,000 mile service, i only got it in August, so need to make quick use of that manufact. warranty!!! lol:)

My mate has an A5 and he turned up the mic settings which only made the sound awful as you could then hear road noise as if he had the window open.
In your case it sounds like the mic maybe dislodged from it's usual seating.

Doden

Ready to race!
Everyone I've spoken to say they didn't realise I was in a car, the sound quality was so good. I can even phone hard of hearing Mother without having to repeat myself! Don't expect the phone has anything to do with it, but for reference, mine's an iphone3gs?

First time I've had hands free and from the way it connects automatically to the quality of sound, I'm very impressed.

jivemonkey2000

Passed Driver's Ed
I've not had any issues with people not hearing me, but I have noticed that even when I turn the volume all the way up when on a call it can still sometimes not be loud enough. Don't know if this can be changed anywhere?

Also love the auto-connect, don't have to mess around in the menus now! Not sure what Rob is referring to with only 4 'speed dials'?:confused:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I've not had any issues with people not hearing me, but I have noticed that even when I turn the volume all the way up when on a call it can still sometimes not be loud enough. Don't know if this can be changed anywhere?

Also love the auto-connect, don't have to mess around in the menus now! Not sure what Rob is referring to with only 4 'speed dials'?:confused:

On the main screen of PHONE there are 4 pre settable quick dial options.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Not sure what Rob is referring to with only 4 'speed dials'?:confused:

On the main screen of PHONE there are 4 pre settable quick dial options.

Exactly - on the Golf Mk6 phone screen there were six speed dials, this has been reduced to four while lots of space is wasted on the left hand side of the screen.

There you go Marvin, something which is better on the Golf Mk6 :cool:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Exactly - on the Golf Mk6 phone screen there were six speed dials, this has been reduced to four while lots of space is wasted on the left hand side of the screen.

There you go Marvin, something which is better on the Golf Mk6 :cool:

I'm not so sure, I have only used 3 and I have hundreds of stored contacts in my phone, then again the voice dial suffices more often than not for calling on the move.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Avanti, never quite got on with the Voice commands syntax on the Discover pro. Any chance you could tell me what the actual command syntax is you use, and if you switch to the phone screen first or just operate from any screen.

My contacts are sorted "Last name" "first-name", and I've tried (for instance) - "call - smith John - mobile", but it never seems to work. I've then tried "Call John Smith" and nothing as well.

If I could get the hang of it, it would certainly make the lack of an available phone book in the MFD screen less of a hindrance.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
You guys get voice dialing on the mk7?

Over here the voice button mutes the radio/media only.

Yes bud, but only with the optional Discover Nav pro.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Avanti, never quite got on with the Voice commands syntax on the Discover pro. Any chance you could tell me what the actual command syntax is you use, and if you switch to the phone screen first or just operate from any screen.

My contacts are sorted "Last name" "first-name", and I've tried (for instance) - "call - smith John - mobile", but it never seems to work. I've then tried "Call John Smith" and nothing as well.

If I could get the hang of it, it would certainly make the lack of an available phone book in the MFD screen less of a hindrance.

When you press the voice button, you can see a list of the accepted commands on the screen, it was more the navigation that hindered me as eg navigate to London wasnt recognised but "new destination" then wait works, I have the phone book set for 1st name 1st, so I may say dial Paul, then wait if there is more than one listing, then I choose from the option on the screen by saying the line number, or you can say dial 0121 NNN NNNN and that works, or play CD or SD 2 or play 'name of radio station'

PeteAntrim

Passed Driver's Ed
My mate has an A5 and he turned up the mic settings which only made the sound awful as you could then hear road noise as if he had the window open.
In your case it sounds like the mic maybe dislodged from it's usual seating.

Thanks Avanti, I will get the dealers to check it over, shouldnt be as hard as it was to change the wipers!!! lol:D