GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touchscreen - non responsive

Dazza78

Ready to race!
Apologies, I cant find any threads (results comeback none found) on the above issue.

But does anyone have any info on the problem of it being non responsive on what seems like cold days, and it then randomly opening options up etc.

Wondering if I should book it in and how far I will get?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Have you got the search to work as it doesn't seem to be working, but RF860 has a similar issue, the vehicle is under warranty so get it booked in.

Blue-Motion-Ricky

Passed Driver's Ed
Dazza78. Ive posted in a recent thread about this. Mine was exactly the same. Get it booked in as i have had a brand new unit fitted under warranty. The dealer said the unit was foooked. His actual words. Hope this helps

Dazza78

Ready to race!
The ball ache is getting the car to them, and leaving it over night. They make it sound like it's your problem the car's not working right.

Dazza78

Ready to race!
So I am taking the GTD in tomorrow, so they have it overnight to look at Friday morning when "cold".. but, sods law it's not happened since and we have "milder" weather now.. what's the betting that VW say they can find no issue and i get lumbered with it and then come colder mornings it happens again?

Dazza78

Ready to race!
As thought.. getting nowhere, no errors seen when they looked. Explained its only when cold, and frost etc.

I told them that it probably wouldnt throw an error.

Apparently VW are aware that when cold there is a delay, but it's within expectations until the car warms up!

Long and short of it is they arent prepared to change the unit under warranty, as VW will not accept it if they try to.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Dazza - can I suggest you contact Ricky in Wakefield above. Ask him where he had his unit replaced and go to them.

Dazza78

Ready to race!
Yea I mentioned that I have seen other users with the same issue, having the unit replaced.. they didnt listen.

Imagine it's wakefield way.... Manchester...

Should be some set standard.. obviously depending on where you are nad where the roulette stops at the mo..

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
No there is no set standard - if a dealer has had the experience of getting a head unit replaced under warranty for that issue approved he will do it again (or at least try). If he has not then he will be more reluctant or simply judge that its not worth trying.

I would call Wakefield.

Last edited:

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
No - I would not advise getting them involved if you can get a dealer to swap out the unit - thats very much a last resort!!