GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Input: Quote to install Springs

Jondar

Ready to race!
I recently got a quote from Autuning to install H&R Super Sport springs on my 1.8T for $400, including the alignment. Is this standard?

Thanks.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
Yeah, that's about right. Give Emmanuele Design in Anaheim a call. They did my springs and alignment for a little bit less than that.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
The reason AU is so expensive is because they charge $180 for an alignment. The actually spring install is probably just $200ish. I thought $180 was excessively expensive for an alignment when a highly rated lotus suspension shop near me only charges $85 for an alignment. Maybe the alignment at AU is extra special or accurate.

Cruiser

Ready to race!
I think the quoted price takes into consideration other work that they are doing for you.
For example, an alignment is quoted at a lower price if they are installing the springs also

Jondar

Ready to race!
ED had quoted me $600 for the springs, labor, wheel alignment and tax. I ended up adding on the rear sway bar and links, using their own line, which was roughly around $970 out the door. It's been a few weeks since the install, couldn't be happier. I have noticed a bit of noise with the rear springs when going over bumps, but considering there is no heavy bounce and the ride is really close to oem, I'm happy with the trade.

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Give Emmanuele Design in Anaheim a call.

I def recommend Emmanuele Design. The only item I had installed professionally on my car was the water/meth kit and they did a fabulous job hiding everything.

ED had quoted me $600 for the springs, labor, wheel alignment and tax. I ended up adding on the rear sway bar and links, using their own line, which was roughly around $970 out the door. It's been a few weeks since the install, couldn't be happier. I have noticed a bit of noise with the rear springs when going over bumps, but considering there is no heavy bounce and the ride is really close to oem, I'm happy with the trade.

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

The rear should be quiet over bumps. It sounds like a bolt on the end link could have loosened a bit. Let us know if you'd like to come by for us to take a look!

bpastre90

Passed Driver's Ed
i did them my self. if you want to learn i am more then happy to help :D