GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crashed the GTI

itsangelothoo

Passed Driver's Ed
what's up guys this is my first post on the forum, with some bad news! It's pouring hard here in the Bay Area. Oncoming truck, blocked my lanes, swerved and hit a light post. Here's some pics IMG_2431.JPGIMG_2433.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Thats a bummer man :( hope youve got gap cause that looks totaled, and hope you're okay

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Ouch sorry to hear, also Bay Area and can confirm the significant amount of rain the past few days compared to normal. People are driving like idiots, I'm sorry you got caught up in it.

I actually hit ice on rt17 Friday morning.

JVS_Mk7

Totaled? Am I missing something here? Looks to me about 2,000$ in damage..

itsangelothoo

Passed Driver's Ed
$4,000 tops based on damage I had on my Prior GTI and current Golf R when they got hit.

Yeah, I just gotta make sure they are doing it right. It's at a shop here in Hayward that I did a little research on. Gonna meet up with the technician today

sc00b

Ready to race!
not totaled lol

man you got pretty lucky same thing happened to me and I ended up with all OEM VW parts with a bill under 4k

itsangelothoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Just thought I would update you guys here..

I got the quote of repair and it's an estimated 12 grand to replace all effected components!

Thank goodness for deductibles.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Good luck man. I had my front and rear suspensions completely replaced @ 2K miles and the car drives like shit :( has been in since the repair multiple times, and had multiple things replaced under warranty. My car will never drive the same as it did for the first month of ownership. Such a bummer. It torque steers on stock power... hopefully you're luckier than me:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Not surprised at that quote. No way it was under $4k.