GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

infotainment system problems

bigman0

Evening

have entered a world of diagnostic hell.

my Infotainment system keeping freezing up or thinking its in Wolfsberg or changing stations / tracks etc

Its now on its 4th day at the garage having diagnostics run on it which find nothing wrong. Without this VW wont authorise replacing the unit.

anyone else had this problem and / or got advice about how to resolve?

TIA

drummerh

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah. Mine did this, especially when cold. I filmed it doing it on my phone and they still said they couldn't replicate it and therefore couldn't do anything about it. In the end I complained like hell, and they swapped my unit out for a new stock model they had on the forecourt, which seems to have solved it.

Out of interest, try restarting your mobile if it's connected by bluetooth and see if the problem goes away. It did sometimes with mine.

par7

Car(s)
Golf R DSG
Infotainment System Problems

I have had similar problems with my infotainment system either with touch screen freezing or when the unit is working, radio channels intermittently change at random. To date the retailer has replaced the touch screen and the control unit and checked/verified wiring harness. The problems may happen more when temperatures are colder, but I also had the same problems in the summer time of last year. Now waiting to hear what the VW technical team will come up with next to try and solve the problem. My car was registered in June of 2013, so whether there has been a problem with the original batch of units ? who knows.
To say I am not impressed with the way the VW Customer Service team are handling this problem is to put it mildly.
Also, there are at least another 2 VW cars with similar problems at the same retailer as myself. One of these is a MK 7 Golf TSI 2013 model, not sure about the details of the second car.
How many more Owners of MK 7 Golf,s are having similar problems ?

Barb351

Ready to race!
The only problem I have had like this is the SatNav suddenly switching to Wolfsburg map but still displaying the same ETA etc to my destination. Switching the ignition off seems to rectify the unit.

pjr

Ready to race!
The only problem I have had like this is the SatNav suddenly switching to Wolfsburg map but still displaying the same ETA etc to my destination. Switching the ignition off seems to rectify the unit.

You don't need to switch off the ignition to rectify this - One of the buttons on the right hand side of the touchscreen (The one which looks like a car with 4 arrows pointing in towards it) re-centres the map on your location. The ETA doesn't change as it seems to just show you the map of Wolfsburg, but your location is off the screen (unless you are actually in Wolfsburg :D)

Mine has done it maybe 4 or 5 times in the 11 months I've owned my car.

Last edited:

Nicknacknoo

I have similar issues, one of them being that I cannot scroll through all my presets when in DAB mode using the steering wheel controls.

bmwk100

Month old 2017 Golf R. The Navigation system keeps trying to load and the radio turns on and off every 6 or 7 minutes. Taking it to the shop this week.

mondo

Ready to race!

Same issue here on a MK7, my quick resolve is to, stop, turn off infotainment system, switch off ignition, wait two minutes.... start, power on infotainment system

It's quick fix until it goes for its first service, but it's just one of the many infotainment based electronic issues my MK7 suffers from...

J600UDD Clark

Car(s)
MK7 Golf GTD
I am having these issues on my April 2014 MK7 Golf GTD.... having them for about 18months it's had two new units, about 5 updates and they still can't diagnose the problem.

Has anyone had this resolved? Know the solution?