GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your standard Composition Media equalizer settings

Boost1

Ready to race!
What equaliser settings do you use to get your preferred sound. I am permanently fiddling around with the sound settings but can't quite get it right, the sound generally being quite flat or quite crashy/tinny/echoey. I am wondering about a replacement set of speakers at some point in the future.....

Boost1

Ready to race!
No just the standard set up. I am partly wishing I had upgraded it to dynaudio but the car was just supposed to be a runabout. That said the rest of the spec is so good and quality so high it is a shame that there are a just a few small things that fall short.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
No just the standard set up. I am partly wishing I had upgraded it to dynaudio but the car was just supposed to be a runabout. That said the rest of the spec is so good and quality so high it is a shame that there are a just a few small things that fall short.

In car audio is a topic in itself and the car interior is not forgiving like say a room in a house. Perhaps if the car to you is just a runaround then the premium for the dynaudio may seem expensive, in my MK5 I had the standard set up and it was ok, but when my bro had his sirocco with dynaudio, I knew the next car must have it, before having the mk4 many of my cars had full systems installed with DSP amplifiers galore purpose built bass boxes etc. If you are keeping the car 3 years or more and like sounds then the dynaudio is a must tick box as it's reletavily cheap compared with the cost of additional ICE, updating the speakers may help you but not by much,as it's the music power that add to the dynamics and it's the dynamics that offer the pleasing sounds.

Boost1

Ready to race!
Actually, I am beginning to question the SD card player. FM/DAB/Bluetooth streaming seems to sound a bit crisper. I must try some CDs, not done that yet. SD is nearly all I have been listening too.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Actually, I am beginning to question the SD card player. FM/DAB/Bluetooth streaming seems to sound a bit crisper. I must try some CDs, not done that yet. SD is nearly all I have been listening too.

The CD plays crisp, the BT streaming from the phone also, DAB does sound poor against FM and the SD card .... well that depends on the bit rate of the recordings.