GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock speaker performance vs. DynAudio

jivemonkey2000

Passed Driver's Ed
Good afternoon

I have currently got a Mk 6 with the DynAudio sound pack and believe it to be a tremendous bit of kit, it's always been great, and went far above and beyond that of the stock speaker performance back when I got the car.

In the Mk 7 due in a few weeks, I haven't gone for this pack and wondering if this is going to be something I'll regret not adding.

Has anyone any experience with both and care to comment? I don't fancy going down the road of an aftermarket install with trim being pulled left right and center in the quest for better audio performance, but if the stock setup is pants, then will need to be taking the (likely expensive) plunge..

For what it's worth, I tend to listen to a wide variety of music ranging from classical and opera to rock and metal..:cool:

Rf860

Passed Driver's Ed
IMO the stock setup is great for standard. I've never heard the dynaudio setup though so couldn't compare. However, I would say that it's the best standard system I've came across on all the cars I've owned. I think you'll find that it will be lacking bass if your used to a sub woofer setup. Hth.

jivemonkey2000

Passed Driver's Ed
IMO the stock setup is great for standard. I've never heard the dynaudio setup though so couldn't compare. However, I would say that it's the best standard system I've came across on all the cars I've owned. I think you'll find that it will be lacking bass if your used to a sub woofer setup. Hth.

Thanks for your comments. I don't think the DynAudio upgrade on the Mk 6 had the sub, only amplifier and better speakers, so can't be that much worse?!

Sounds promising though! (excuse the pun :rolleyes:)

RichieRich1

I you are not satisfied with a stock sound setup, have a look at the Helix Plug & Play system. According to the German sites these not much between Dynaudio and helix.
Dynaudio= little bit clearer , Helix= more bass

jivemonkey2000

Passed Driver's Ed
I you are not satisfied with a stock sound setup, have a look at the Helix Plug & Play system. According to the German sites these not much between Dynaudio and helix.
Dynaudio= little bit clearer , Helix= more bass

Oh! Haven't heard of that, will take a look. Thanks for the info.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Never listened properly to the stock set up to be honest, but specced the Dynaudio option in the GTD and it's truly mind blowing. Crystal clear highs and mids with an excellent thump of bass when required.

Really well integrated as well with the sub in the sapre wheel. Really glad I specced this option.

Probably not what you wanted to hear ? :)

Luddite

Ready to race!
I only have the standard set up but in 25 years of driving, with a history of previous rides more numerous than I could name, many of them cringe-inducing, I can attest to the fact the standard VW audio is really very, very good.
I can only wonder at the quality of the Dynaudio.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
i have always thought that too - and this time specced Dynaudio in order to find out!

There is a very favourable on-line review of the system in What i-fi - its actually called 'Excite' (although for some reason VVW dont use the name!)

Last edited:

dadu

Ready to race!
Anyway, Dynaudio is clearly a hq system and not a db drag one. And has 400 w. Today I've set the volume at 50% listen from inside and outside.
Although you can feel a strong vibration on the doors' exterior panels, the sound is still so damn clear!

Boost1

Ready to race!
I love my mk7, but honestly the stock speakers and amp do not sound great to my ears. I like a sound to be both punchy and crisp and the golf is neither. It is acceptable but nothing more.

jivemonkey2000

Passed Driver's Ed
This certainly isn't very pleasing to my ears that's for sure. I hope they aren't as disappointing as you say, music is constantly on in my car and the quality really does matter, I don't listen to music particularly loud, but appreciate clarity at all levels. I think I may have taken the DynAudio system in my current Golf for granted!

I looked at the 'plug and play' solution but this utilises the same speakers so not sure this will achieve the level of what I'm after (I'm fairly sure it won't). The previous system was so damn clean at all sound levels; can a stock system really 'get me going' as the previous one did?

I think we all know the answer.

What is the deal with cancelling orders? Wondering if it comes down to it and there's another GT available somewhere with this spec'ed, is it possible to change over?

Think I'll be calling broker/ dealer come Monday.

Enjoy your sound guys!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Cancelling - should not be a major drama if you are ordering another car - chances of a stock one with Dynaudio would be slim though. You may well have a wait on your hands...

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
This certainly isn't very pleasing to my ears that's for sure. I hope they aren't as disappointing as you say, music is constantly on in my car and the quality really does matter, I don't listen to music particularly loud, but appreciate clarity at all levels. I think I may have taken the DynAudio system in my current Golf for granted!

I looked at the 'plug and play' solution but this utilises the same speakers so not sure this will achieve the level of what I'm after (I'm fairly sure it won't). The previous system was so damn clean at all sound levels; can a stock system really 'get me going' as the previous one did?

I think we all know the answer.

What is the deal with cancelling orders? Wondering if it comes down to it and there's another GT available somewhere with this spec'ed, is it possible to change over?

Think I'll be calling broker/ dealer come Monday.

Enjoy your sound guys!

Smith Knight Fay in Bury has a Red GTD 5Dr in stock with Dyna + Nav