GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad reception on composition media radio

Dawie

Anyone else with the composition media radio have bad reception? I reported it to my VW dealer and they said there is a future update to the firmware which will solve the issue but I am not sure how true this might be.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Had no issues with mine in the UK.

EDIT : That may be because I have not got ' Composite media radio ' !
I have 'Discover Navigation ' with radio
This may be a different radio ?

Last edited:

Dawie

Thanks for the feedback. A few other guys Golf 7 owners I have spoken to in South Africa also have the same problem. Did some reading on a German Golf 7 forum and there is a 7 page topic on exactly this problem. Seems to affect some radios only. Do you have the normal or DAB version?

liviueln

I also have the same problem in Israel. Bad reception on composite radio.
I thought something is broken but if you all have the same problem....

zayatc

i have The same problem with my 'composition media' in Ukraine :( it seems to me the problem in bad antenna and not in the FirmWare. service says that I have the latest firmware and they do not know what's wrong.

Dawie

What I find weird is that there is no AF function on my radio even though it can display radio text and it shows the option in the manual. So I have to manually tune to the strongest frequency while driving through town and surrounding areas.

Tahonia

I have the same reception problem....Israel;
VW Israel have no idea about it (as they said) and promised to check with Germany; yhaa sure....:(