GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Postcode?

CHAZGOLFGTMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
On the Nav with the Golf GT. Where it states new destination.....it asks for street and town....but no where to search by postcode?

Am i being silly....or jusy blind....as i cant seem to locate it.

I was certain all Sat navs have postcode search, please dont tell me they missed it out? Also, my first drive out i needed a petrol station.....pressed POI find petrol station.....it then sends me 10miles out of the way to 'station rd' and the further 3 after all wrong locations? GPRS seems to be way out.

Please help.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
On the Nav with the Golf GT. Where it states new destination.....it asks for street and town....but no where to search by postcode?

Am i being silly....or jusy blind....as i cant seem to locate it.

I was certain all Sat navs have postcode search, please dont tell me they missed it out? Also, my first drive out i needed a petrol station.....pressed POI find petrol station.....it then sends me 10miles out of the way to 'station rd' and the further 3 after all wrong locations? GPRS seems to be way out.

Please help.

Yes it does have post code search (bottom left) , and the POIs for feul stations work fine, you can even set a preference to the brand of filling station to appear 1st.

CHAZGOLFGTMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes it does have post code search (bottom left) , and the POIs for feul stations work fine, you can even set a preference to the brand of filling station to appear 1st.

Ok thanks....i cant seem to get the petrol stations to work, everytime i chose one it sends me somewhere with no petrol in sight :(

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Ok thanks....i cant seem to get the petrol stations to work, everytime i chose one it sends me somewhere with no petrol in sight :(

I suppose it depends on where you are and the recentness of the POIs, there are many closed filling stations, but I have not noticed my unit selecting those, I am in a busy city though, so that may help.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
What i particularly like is when you are down to fuel reserve level it does the normal audible warning / symbol.

It also asks whether you want directions to the nearest fuel station then gives a list to choose from.
Select one and instantly the sat nav fires up giving the route directions visually & verbally.

Nice touch if travelling in new areas and you are low on fuel.

From what I can see all the fuel stations on the ' choose list ' i've seen are up to date and exist.