GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Display between dials

Johnhoward

Passed Driver's Ed
My GT has always displayed a compass with a car in the middle and the road name/number underneath. Mysteriously today I get a display saying what sort of phone I have which isn't all that helful as I know! Anybody any ideas on this? I have changed no settingd as far as I know.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
you might accidently or intentionally pressed the Phone button on the steering.
you can choose what you want to disply on the dispaly between dials (aka MFD; for Multi Function Display) from the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel you can move up & down as well as right & left :)

dadu

Ready to race!
I get you're the type of guy who never opens the instruction manual, ain't it? :))

Johnhoward

Passed Driver's Ed
Have been known too! It was probably after I answered a call, thinking about it but of course you have to press the phone button for that. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Stripey

Ready to race!
you might accidently or intentionally pressed the Phone button on the steering.
you can choose what you want to disply on the dispaly between dials (aka MFD; for Multi Function Display) from the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel you can move up & down as well as right & left :)

Either that or you pressed one of the silver buttons on the r/h side of the wheel which will scroll you through the different things that can be displayed. Phone & sat nav (compass) being two of them.

burso

Ready to race!
I have found the manual very chaotic and confusing at points. Instead of trying to find the answer I have posted my question here. I have read maybe 20% of the manual and despite this I am getting on well with the car. The question in this thread should have been answered by the dealer demonstrating the basic functions to the customer during the handover.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I have found the manual very chaotic and confusing at points. Instead of trying to find the answer I have posted my question here. I have read maybe 20% of the manual and despite this I am getting on well with the car. The question in this thread should have been answered by the dealer demonstrating the basic functions to the customer during the handover.

My dealer did show me stuff, but I already knew through largely to this forum, and to be fair, I just wanted to take the car home as until then I had not even driven a MK7 :eek:
It's a shame the search facility doesn't seem to work on the forum.