GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

USB / SD Card / Phone Questions

daveb666

1 - I didn't get a USB cable with the car. I asked but was told none was in stock. I've tried the USB cable from my mk6 with a 32gb dongle and it doesn't work. BUT it does work with a small dongle.

What is the part nr on the cable you got with your Mk7? And what size USB sticks/HDs have you tried it with?

2 - SD Cards - what sizes are people using successfully?

3 - I have an android phone. I can pair to the car but when I try to download contacts it says "No contacts with numbers available". I have 'accepted' the contact download on the phone and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

lolling123

I'd go back to the dealer and insist they get you one (noting mine came with a iPhone link, so perhaps this is standard)
Parts are listed on Volkswagonstore.co.uk
The Media Manual has allowable sizes of SD cards. I'm using a SDHC 8 GB no problem.
Can't help with last problem other than saying, "should have bought an iPhone". lol. only joking as iphone 5 isn't supported properly either and the adaptor makes whole connector/phone hard to get in compartment. grr.

lolling123

Just a thought. try deleting the pairing and try pairing the phone from scratch. I've seen corupted pairing setting cause problems on other forums.

daveb666

Don't start with the iphone shit :p LOL

If I can't get the USB to work I'll just buy an SD card. I need a 64GB one though - I couldn't find info in the manual as to the sizes that work?

lolling123

If I can't get the USB to work I'll just buy an SD card. I need a 64GB one though - I couldn't find info in the manual as to the sizes that work?

page 26 in table at the bottom. Says SDHC upto 32 GB. or SDXC upto 2 TB. Sop beware the 64GB SDHC as it might not work.

bigralphie

I am using a HAMA 16gb SDHC no issues
I have also used a couple of different flash memory sticks Peak and some no brand ones ( just make sure you format in fat32) and they work fine.
my Lumia 800 works fine full contact list loaded etc and can also BT music

MK7TDI

I just made an mp3 cd with about 5 albums on it and leave that in the cd player, have also had my HTC phone connected via the usb cable and that works fine also

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
Hi all I just got golf mk7 se I just can't fine USB or aux input, I found sd card input plz help thanks.

im from uk my cd and sd card are in the glove box and iphone input is under a cover in front of the gearstick, thats all thats on mine. did the dealer not show you about the car, mines went through everything. even the ACC and paired my phone to show the hands free settings.

JCJ

Ready to race!
Can anyone please tell me what the largest capacity and class of SD card I will be able to use in my Discover Navigation Pro. Thanks.