GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MP3-Music via USB to Discover Pro 8" from Samsung Galaxy Note 3

BigZ12

Greetings from a new member. :)

I own a Golf MK7 1,4 Tsi DSG, with Discover Pro 8". It has the AUX and USB contacts, no MDI.

I have a problem connecting my mobile, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, to the stereo via USB.
When connecting the phone, it connects ok but I get multiple records (6-7 duplicates) of every folder, subfolders and files on the screen. 7 instances of the same songs in every album folder.... Very annoying!

I use the built-in memory on the Note 3, because the Discover Pro cannot access a micro-SD if inserted in the phone. (That's also very disappointing)

Anyone with the same problem, and who have a solution?

Last edited:

BigZ12

Anyone? Or don't you understand my problem? :)
Anyone with an Android phone connecting it to the Discover Pro via USB? And it's working ok without multiple instances of the same folders/files on the screen?

Last edited:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Anyone? Or don't you understand my problem? :)
Anyone with an Anroid phone connecting it to the Discover Pro via USB? And it's working ok without multiple instances of the same folders/files on the screen?

I sort of understand, but I would suggest trying another mp3 source and see if you have the same symptoms.
Or check the settings on your device, has it been rooted or you have usb debugger switched on?

BigZ12

Thanks for answering.

It works flawlessly with a USB stick. (and with a SD card)
The phone is not rooted. I will check the usb debugger.

BTW, not all the folders are listed several times. I will try to copy the music inside a folder that's listed just once.
I also found that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 makes several shortcuts to the Music/Samsung/DCIM (and others) folders inside the android structure. Maybe that's why the Discover Pro reads and shows the same folder/files in duplicates???

BigZ12

Solved, and the solution was simple. Just copy the music in the /samsung/music folder. Do not create a new "Music" folder at the root as I did.