GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk7 - garage door opener

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

If not mistaken once I saw an option on the Golf that of being able to syncronise a remote control garage door sensor with an in-built specific switch in the car cock-pit .... Kindly advice as to whether this is available or was I seeing something, as I can't remember and am not able to find anything of this sort on the company website/catalogue/internet in general.

Tnx

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hi,

If not mistaken once I saw an option on the Golf that of being able to syncronise a remote control garage door sensor with an in-built specific switch in the car cock-pit .... Kindly advice as to whether this is available or was I seeing something, as I can't remember and am not able to find anything of this sort on the company website/catalogue/internet in general.

Tnx

It used to be an option long ago, however if you think about it, it's semi pointless, as you still require the remote in your pocket to enter the garage from outide to get to the car. That same remote you would have in the car with you once you start your journey.
My remote for the garage door works a good 40ft from the garage , so the door is open before I reach it and just drive straight in.

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Well the garage is accessed from inside the house, thus I would not need to have the remote on me ... Thought that there was the option, my reason behind this was that since I would have a loose remote rattling inside the car I would have preferred to have nothing of this sort and just an in built remote ... All in all would be much more hastle free :p

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Well the garage is accessed from inside the house, thus I would not need to have the remote on me ... Thought that there was the option, my reason behind this was that since I would have a loose remote rattling inside the car I would have preferred to have nothing of this sort and just an in built remote ... All in all would be much more hastle free :p

My remote doesn't rattle in the car, the other thing as well is that, there are not many with garages and then even less with power door opener, only those that have a power door opener know that they would never again go without :cool:

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
I do hope so that the key won't rattle, the doors inside panles are suppose to be covered in velvet, thus this should absorb the rattle movement ... Well as you are aware, locally the weather is too good, but then again the heat is very strong, thus we do have garages to protect our cars from high exposure ... Well think will do without this option and stick with the actual remote

Edubb

My g37 had it base. I would hold the bottom on my car and the bottom on the opener and ta da, they were paired. and fyi I don't need the remote in my car to use this feature... As a matter of fact I had no use for the remote so I returned it to my building manager. I love my gti but was pretty suprised it diddent come with this feature especially cause I got an SE package. My best advice would be to get one of those key chains and pair your remote to it... Not the best option but imo better than having a brick shape remote flying around your glove or consoles.

s7wag

Ready to race!
I've got a Hormann Remote that sits in the 12V cigarette lighter in the centre console. Works a treat so I don't have to fiddle with remote on key fob...

lou06483

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Audi and VW
Hi,

Tnx
These folks will have something in a few months-
http://www.doubleapex.co/

Attachments

• switch.gif
    switch.gif
    86.9 KB · Views: 3,210
  • text.gif
    text.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 2,971