GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best settings on the audiosystem?

le0n1

Ready to race!
So far the biggest disepointment on my new Golf is the stock speakers.
It is realy bad, maybe I am spoild comming from a BMW 3-series:p

Can't seem to get the settings right, bass and middletone on lowest possible and treble on the middle sounds best but that can't possibly be right?

Any tips to get the sound as good as possible?

Bass - Middletone (in English?) - treble

and offcourse the fader?

Please help:)

Hope it's get better when I have used it for some time or else I have to order a new one with dynaudio:)

le0n1

Ready to race!
To buy a new car was ment as a joke:) Replace the speakers are one option.
What to you other mk7 owners think about the soundsytem?

Anyone else got the perfect settings?

Colin_H

Just posted in the what annoys me post.

+1 on the poor soundsystem. I've come from a Toyota and I am BITTERLY dissapointed with it. At motorway speed and at a med/low level vocals are inaudible.

You mention a speaker upgrade but reading into the upgrade that is offered it looks like the head unit rather than the speakers are the weak link.

I phoned VW Uk asking for info on the sound system upgrade, the chap I spoke to mentioned he'd just tried a MK7 and it sounded naff. Not a good sign!

Colin_H

I've found the top end too much and the treble setting don't seem to curb it. What I've done is used the fader and moved the sound very slightly into the back of the car. Takes the edge off the front tweeters.

Doesn't work if you have people in the back though

le0n1

Ready to race!
What do you men with sounded naff?
Google translate couldn't help me there:p

So you have everything as standard but move the fader back?

Colin_H

I have the bass +3, middle 0 and treble -2 with the fader set two presses towards the back of the car. It has not fixed the problem but improved it a little

le0n1

Ready to race!
I just hade a look in a accesory catalouge and there they showed a subwoofer placed where the sparewheel is.

Anyone knows how this sounds, and how it works to install it? Plug and play?

jethrosf

Agreed, the sound system is horrible. My ears feel like they are bleeding from the crisp/sharpness of it. I think speaker replacements would do the trick, just not sure what the specs are on them or the amp or where to find them. Crutchfield.com does not even list 2015 VW's yet.

rpps

Agreed, the sound system is horrible. My ears feel like they are bleeding from the crisp/sharpness of it. I think speaker replacements would do the trick, just not sure what the specs are on them or the amp or where to find them. Crutchfield.com does not even list 2015 VW's yet.

I have just added a Pioneer 4 channel power amp and gee that improved the sound no end, it's clear and not near as bright in the treble area where I was finding trouble. I used the stock speakers and the sound is good enough for me and I don't plan changing the speakers just yet. Stupid VW I'm finding it hard to find a spare accessories wire to hook the Amps remote power onto.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I am glad I opted for the Dynaudio sound system. My sound is awesome.

Same here...or hear...........or maybe not as now deaf due to excessive playing with the Dynaudio......:D