GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adjusting lighting package headlights after lowering car

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
I don't have much knowledge of these headlights but I do know they auto level, I feel like after I lowered my car they stay pointing down... Anyone have any solutions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Like really far down or just a bit? If they point straight at the ground then your leveling sensor is probably flipped backwards. When viewed from the rear it should look like this <. Make sure that is correct and then reset the basic settings with vcds so it knows the new level position.

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
Like really far down or just a bit? If they point straight at the ground then your leveling sensor is probably flipped backwards. When viewed from the rear it should look like this <. Make sure that is correct and then reset the basic settings with vcds so it knows the new level position.

So it's an easy fix with vcds?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Make sure that is correct and then reset the basic settings with vcds so it knows the new level position.

If it's an option (like other VW's), in VagCom, you go to the Xenon module
Select Basic Settings
Select Adaption/Adjustment
Then click the ON/OFF/Next button at the top

(if you have your headlights on, aimed at a wall, you'll see them adjust up or down accordingly)

Link for the procedure with pics, for example:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17328

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
If it's an option (like other VW's), in VagCom, you go to the Xenon module
Select Basic Settings
Select Adaption/Adjustment
Then click the ON/OFF/Next button at the top

(if you have your headlights on, aimed at a wall, you'll see them adjust up or down accordingly)

Link for the procedure with pics, for example:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17328

Can anyone confirm this?!

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Adjust the white plastic nuts on the back of your headlights, it takes litterally 30sec. I'm not sure why so many people are insistent on changing coding and getting under the car to fix this when the simple permanent fix is right in front of you.

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
We can do that just like old school halogens right?

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
Gotcha. Need to double check they're always pointing down in the same exact place

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Exactly, its right on the back of the light... super easy. That's why they are there lol.

No that's not why they are there. The correct way to do it is to reset the basic settings using vcds, that way you retain the full range of electronic adjustment. If the vehicle has been lowered evenly all around then changing the projector position manually is unnecessary.

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
You have a great point waste gate. I was actually thinking the same... So just to confirm. This can be done with vcds?? I know there was an option for the mk6 just want to know if the same is applicable for the 7. Hope someone does a diy on this

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
Yes they do the auto level. But they just are pointing down

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Can anyone confirm this?!

Find someone with VagCom & try it....takes literally < 2 minutes to do it

The correct way to do it is to reset the basic settings using vcds, that way you retain the full range of electronic adjustment. If the vehicle has been lowered evenly all around then changing the projector position manually is unnecessary.
Yup

When you turn on the car with the lights on, do the lights do a complete test pattern properly?

If the car is lowered, it'll still do that but won't reset the height though

That has to be done thru VagCom or manually still