GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

wantone

Ready to race!
2017 GTI Sport with $600 of junk (mats/splash guards/storage/etc) a bit under $24K and got a good price on my trade in. I haven't read through all the posts but remember in addition to ignoring TTL to mention your trade in and if you got what the fair price is.

My trade was a 2012 V6 Mustang Base model MT with the performance package. Excellent condition When I negotiated (all online) the dealer and I agreed to a number but he said "your car has to be what you say it is" That made sense....When I got there he said "I felt better after seeing pics of it, you would be shocked at what some people claim to be great shape"

I'm sure you looked up trade in values before you started this process. What is "a good price" and how close did they come to online trade in pricing?

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
So the selling price was $23,590. This was a new 2016 you bought in 2017? That's a smoking deal for an SE.

Damn sorry for the late reply lmao! :p
Exactly right! I couldn't believe it too. This is also my first car and it had everything I wanted within the payment range I was able to afford comfortably. Only regret is the beige interior, as I should of maybe tracked down one with the black interior instead. Its as clean as it was the day I drove it off the lot, so harm no foul haha. I've done some very tasteful OEM and OEM+ modifications that look great!

This was a new 2016 I got in September of 2016. I just posted the deal late lmao!
So little over a year old with 11,200 miles on it.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
they gave me the 11K that the 3 major sites averaged as trade in price. I had also looked at private listings and people were asking 14K for comps. Thinking if you are asking 14K it won't be long before the tire kickers make you want to sell it for 12.5 (or less).

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'll just add mine, picked up a 2017 GTI Sport manual with a few goodies for $22,712. Dealers want to get rid of the 2017 stock and making decent deals right now.

barische

Go Kart Champion
I'll just add mine, picked up a 2017 GTI Sport manual with a few goodies for $22,712. Dealers want to get rid of the 2017 stock and making decent deals right now.

thanks for the info. i also heard that 2018s will get 72k bumper to B warranty. Im watching the stock of couple dealers and they havent sold a single GTI in last 3 weeks. One dealer still has 53 new 2017s. I will hardcore hustle dealers in the area when the 2018s become available.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
thanks for the info. i also heard that 2018s will get 72k bumper to B warranty. Im watching the stock of couple dealers and they havent sold a single GTI in last 3 weeks. One dealer still has 53 new 2017s. I will hardcore hustle dealers in the area when the 2018s become available.

so the peoples republic of jersistan is... new jersey??

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

The dealer also threw in a free 6/60,000 warranty free if I bought the 2017

Rocco75

For those of you that purchased in the MD, NJ and VA area, are your cars CARB state legal? I'm in MA and can't register a new car here unless the following is on the label under the hood.

"this vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA and state of California regulations" or
"this vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA regulations and is certified for sale in California."

Edit -- Never mind, MD is a CARB state.

Last edited:

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
I live in Southern California, and this is an advertised rate for, oh let's say base model with manual trans.
- $208/month for 36 months
- $2500 down, no security payments
- 10K miles/year (not an issue for me)
- MSRP of $26,500, 52% residual at the end of the lease

Pure white, hopefully 5 doors. My first choice color would be CSG, followed closely by pure white, and then night blue.

It's either this or a
1. S trim, with 26K on the odometer for $18K
2. Sport trim, with 6K on the odometer for $26K

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Is that total? That's almost how much mine cost (excluding tax & title) with 13mi last year in LA, literally when the 2017s were rolling out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I live in Southern California, and this is an advertised rate for, oh let's say base model with manual trans.
- $208/month for 36 months
- $2500 down, no security payments
- 10K miles/year (not an issue for me)
- MSRP of $26,500, 52% residual at the end of the lease

Pure white, hopefully 5 doors. My first choice color would be CSG, followed closely by pure white, and then night blue.

It's either this or a
1. S trim, with 26K on the odometer for $18K

That's how much I paid (before TTL) for my Sport with 17 miles this past July. I picked it up in Santa Clarita.