GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
vdubpwr, have you got any fender to ground measurements yet? Once I am happy with my ride height and get an alignment I'll post up.

Jota Mendes

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey.
Will the 19's with ET35 fit on my MK7 TDI without stretching the tyre?
With maybe 235/35 tires?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

turbotrucka

Rig Stig
Car(s)
'15 GT3
A local guy is running some 18x8.5's 35mm, 225/40-18...The rears look nice, the fronts poke a bit. I don't think there's any rubbing, he's lowered mildly on ST coilovers.

frgr8r

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll second that 8.5 +35 pokes a slight bit on the front with 225's. But at approximately 25" FTG it basically goes away. I'm on ST XTA's and still playing with height, but unfortunately didn't adjust camber before install because I couldn't locate a proper sized torx bit. An extra degree of front camber would certainly eliminate any poke in the front

frgr8r

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, but there's absolutely no rubbing with 225's on 8.5 +35. Rears could go wider than 225, front, not sure. At this point I'd say with a 225/40/18, it's totally safe. It just looks a little silly at stock height and 100% needs to be lowered to avoid looking like a mini van monster truck.

Pedro1

The tread patch doesn't change that much with an oversized wheel though, does it? The stretch doesn't stretch the contact patch, just increases the angle of the sidewall?

I have Michelin PSS 235/35r19's on Neuspeed 19x9 RSe10's and there is just the slightest hint of stretch. I wouldn't want to go any smaller on the width of the tire or wider on the wheel unless I was doing a bagged car for "stance".

I am putting Michelin PSS 245/35r19´s on Neuspeed 19x9 Rse10´s next week, doy you think I will have rubbing issues? Do you have any with 235´s?

MikeKondilis

Ready to race!
OKAY GUYS! Let's see if you all wheel geniuses can help me out. Bought these wheels last week. I love them on my car.
Specs: 18.5 CCW LM20
ET 40 All Around
BC Coilovers
215/40/18 Nitto Gen
Now, my wheels barely clear my stock brakes, it's not PP either just regular SE GTI. I can say I can barely for the tip of my finger in between the caliper and wheel.
Is there anything I can do?
Is this dangerous?
spacers or rings should help?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
First off fix your specs. Your wheels are not 18.5". They are most likely 18x8.5 if I had to guess. Wheels either clear or they don't. If they turn and don't scrape then you're fine. The reason for this is because CCW uses the same size face for a 17" wheel and an 18" wheel. The only difference is the lip and barrel.

pouria1

Hi guy, quick question im looking to get VMR V803s for my MK7R. From what i know the perfect fitment for the MK7 is ET45 - but the V803s come in ET35 only. I am currently running VWR springs. Will i have a problem? Will they rub? Am i going to need spacers? If so can you give me some recommendations. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Pouria,

I asked some of the MK7 guys if the MK7s rub with an ET35. Their responses are a few posts above this. The general consensus is that the rears are no problem in an ET35, but the fronts do poke a little bit.

From what I've seen on another VW forum, you're right. x 8.5 et35 will poke a bit, but nothing too bad. If you run x 8 et35, it'll be fine and can put a little more tire on the car.

MikeKondilis

Ready to race!
First off fix your specs. Your wheels are not 18.5". They are most likely 18x8.5 if I had to guess. Wheels either clear or they don't. If they turn and don't scrape then you're fine. The reason for this is because CCW uses the same size face for a 17" wheel and an 18" wheel. The only difference is the lip and barrel.

Yeap. 18x8.5 all around , and thanks for answering my question about clearing the brakes . Feel safer .