GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Go Fast Bits Diverter Valve + (GFB DV+)

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I'm interested in buying one of these, can anyone tell me a reason not to? What are your reviews and impressions on this upgrade?

-Rated to Hold 30lbs of Boost Sharper throttle response
-Retains the factory solenoid coil for seamless integration
-Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped engines
-Direct-fit replacement with GFB’s TMS benefits
-Exclusive “pilot-actuated” valve mechanism for rapid response at high boost -Anodized finish for long-lasting performance and looks
-No need for frequent rebuilding or a “rebuild kit” as is common with some brands. The dv+ brass piston is supported by a hard anodised bore -

See more at: http://www.moddedeuros.com/products...lve-2-0t-fsi-tsi-engines#sthash.Hc4DiiKx.dpuf

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I think the OEM DV may be partially to blame for the MK7 turbo failures. The OEM turbo setup has a decent amount of compressor surge from the factory, thats the noise you hear when you release the throttle fast under boost that sounds almost like a BOV. The OEM DV can cause compressor surging due to its slow response which puts additional stress on the center cartridge/Thrust bearing and can reduce a turbos life span. The GFB DV+ increases response time for the pressure release which reduces potential surge. Add in the fact that it hold full boost longer in the high RPMs and you have a well spent $140 :)

GFB makes great stuff too, I have been running their boost controller on my Evo for over 10 yrs now with no problems.

Fernflex

Ready to race!
I have been reading about this for a couple of weeks and found nothing but good reviews.

Im just afraid of buying this and not been able to install it on my car because of the small space between the dv and my injen intake although Im more inclinated to the side that it should work.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
The stock DV definitely does not have any compressor surge. That is false. It does however tend to leak a bit. They don't seal the greatest. This will take care of that. Also the way it's designed, it only opens as much as it needs to so as to maintain more boost pressure between shifts. Thus the better throttle response. :)

It's pretty much the best DV you can get for this platform. It works properly, holds basically as much boost as you can throw at it because of its clever pin hole + spring design. It's a great piece!

GoTime1

Ready to race!
Buy it bud. It's a fantastic mod for the price. I am very well chuffed with mine. It does give some very loud turbo flutter at times which can be kinda 'ricey' but sometimes the kid in me smiles.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
The stock DV definitely does not have any compressor surge. That is false.

What is causing the surge then? The DV does not have surge, the turbine has compressor surge when you release the throttle. I said the stock DV may be partially to blame and the DV+ should help it.

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
What is causing the surge then? The DV does not have surge, the turbine has compressor surge when you release the throttle. I said the stock DV may be partially to blame and the DV+ should help it.

If there's surge, then there's huge issues. What makes you so sure that there's compressor surge?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Im interested as well, but just read this on the vortex http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6020761-Spinoza-s-Build&p=83988597&viewfull=1#post83988597. But im quite interested in this, as i have DSG. Wanted this as my next mod, might just do it and see what it does for me since im stock.

The way the DV works on the 6 is not related to us. Its operated by vacuum and has options of different strength springs. The spring can make the DV work differently.

On the GTI if it seals better its a no brainer to get the GFB. I unfortunately ordered the Forge which converts the DV to vacuum which makes its far less responsive and is a step backwards. Will try pick up the GFB for both the GTI and R.

Besides the sealing if it has a bigger diaphram which I do not think is the case it will be a double bonus. Ultimately if the turbo problems are not solved I will also opt to put a secondary dump in the charge pipe.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
The definition of surge is "a momentary back-flow". There are two type of surge when talking about turbo's. Ones is when a turbo is basically trying to make more boost than its physically capable of, not the case with our cars. The other can be described by when the throttle is released under full boost and all the pressure in the charge pipes between the throttle plate and turbine has no where to go, this forces the pressures back into the turbo putting a lot of stress on the center cartridge as it changes speed extremely fast and can even spin the turbine backwards. The least harmful release of pressure will happen at a fast and even rate with your DV or BOV. When you hear a sound like "shaah-shaah-shah-shah-sh", your turbine is rapidly changing speeds as well, its should sound like one solid fast "swoosh". The DV+ should only help this scenario.

blackcat1

Banned
So I take it would be a good upgrade to our IHI turbos?

Would it do any harm to performance or longevity or if it does not cause any improvement's it wont hurt either?

The way the DV works on the 6 is not related to us. Its operated by vacuum and has options of different strength springs. The spring can make the DV work differently.

On the GTI if it seals better its a no brainer to get the GFB. I unfortunately ordered the Forge which converts the DV to vacuum which makes its far less responsive and is a step backwards. Will try pick up the GFB for both the GTI and R.

Besides the sealing if it has a bigger diaphram which I do not think is the case it will be a double bonus. Ultimately if the turbo problems are not solved I will also opt to put a secondary dump in the charge pipe.

notavr1

Ready to race!

VW has been using the same electronic style DV since the mk5. they're all interchangeable between the 5-7. the only way to make them vac operated is if you get the Forge set up.

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
When you hear a sound like "shaah-shaah-shah-shah-sh", your turbine is rapidly changing speeds as well, its should sound like one solid fast "swoosh". The DV+ should only help this scenario.

Where is your proof that this is happening? I haven't heard it at all with my car. There is no way that VW would have a car in production for almost 3 years and not fix something as easy to fix as compressor surge. You'd be seeing blown up turbos left and right. You also would have cars stalling majorly between shifts, but you don't.

Where are you getting this information?