GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KC Dubs

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I like the APR lineup, but I don't want to do anything that's going to void the warranty. So I'll probably keep it stock for the first 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't have your patience. Check out the Eurodyne tune, Its fantastic and allows you to flash back to the stock tune.

Internexus

Ready to race!
I didn't have your patience. Check out the Eurodyne tune, Its fantastic and allows you to flash back to the stock tune.

Didn't know that you went with the Eurodyne setup, congrats! What stage tune are you using and how do you like it overall? I've been eyeing that and throwing an eBay down pipe on for some stage 2 fun..

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Didn't know that you went with the Eurodyne setup, congrats! What stage tune are you using and how do you like it overall? I've been eyeing that and throwing an eBay down pipe on for some stage 2 fun..

Thanks man! I've been tuned now for over 6k miles and I love it! The ability to tune and log via their software is fantastic. I am running the stage 1.5 93 octane tune and now on the third revision they seem to have a real winner! I only had one issue before flashing the latest revision and that was a EPC light/code for overboost on their old 1.5 93 octane file. That occurred while dusting a car on 435 that was tailgaiting me probably 3 months ago. The only other thing is an occasionall clunky DSG shift from 2nd to 3rd in D mode only and that only happens once in a great while so I'm not worried about it.

The power level is fantastic and honestly I can't see why anyone needs to go stage 2 on this car. I already have more power than I can really use in almost every setting. There also seems to be a link between adding a dp and turbo failure but nobody really wants to admit to it. It certainly is not happening to everyone going stage 2. I just prefer to keep this car nearly stock except for the tune. If something does go wrong I will have no hardware to remove before going in for service.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
My gas mileage has shot up after the tune and first oil change. Highway mpg is way up.

Internexus

Ready to race!
My gas mileage has shot up after the tune and first oil change. Highway mpg is way up.

This was going to be my follow up question, have you been using fuelly or anything to log gas mileage that I can see the difference or do you have a rough idea of what you were getting before/after?

Are you picking up 93 off 135th and 69 at the BP, as that's the only station I've noticed with it.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
This was going to be my follow up question, have you been using fuelly or anything to log gas mileage that I can see the difference or do you have a rough idea of what you were getting before/after?

Are you picking up 93 off 135th and 69 at the BP, as that's the only station I've noticed with it.
No time to track such things for me but I've noticed 2-3 mpg improvement in my mixed driving after the tune. Part of that could be the motor breaking in too. I see 34-37mpg on the highway now and real mpg per tank is 28-29mpg.

Bp at 151st and 69, waterway at 135th and 69, bp stations in lees summit, and bp on SM parkway all have 93 octane

Internexus

Ready to race!
No time to track such things for me but I've noticed 2-3 mpg improvement in my mixed driving after the tune. Part of that could be the motor breaking in too. I see 34-37mpg on the highway now and real mpg per tank is 28-29mpg.

Bp at 151st and 69, waterway at 135th and 69, bp stations in lees summit, and bp on SM parkway all have 93 octane

Wonderful! I've been tracking mine since day 1 (habit that came from the TDI before it) so adding some mileage would be a nice perk with the fun factor! I got 33.4mpg on my most recent fillup with mixed driving so this is exciting for me!

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wow! I was excited with 29mpg on a tank haha, but I push it hard periodically. The highway mpg is outstanding now though even at 74mph.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Yes.

In town I am 29.4 mpg.

On highway, 32 mpg.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Been almost 5 months since we've had a post in here, anything new going on?
there's the Weston Run tomorrow sponsored by kch2o. meet at black dog coffee before 11am. also cars and coffee most Saturdays. join the Facebook page to see all upcoming events

Internexus

Ready to race!
Didn't see this until this morning, furthermore I was moving this weekend so it was a no go all around hah!

Is this the KC Dubs group on FB you are referring to Eric?

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Didn't see this until this morning, furthermore I was moving this weekend so it was a no go all around hah!

Is this the KC Dubs group on FB you are referring to Eric?
yes the FB page usually has the weekly event listed as a pinned post. we had a fun drive Saturday and then late lunch at Yardhouse.