GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light Assist On/Off Switch (automatic high beam control)

Ottawa GTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Have a 2015 GTI Autobahn (Canadian Configuration, i.e. with Lighting Package) with Tech Package.

Based on the info in the manual the Light Assist Feature (automatic high beam control) can be turned on/off by either
- a light forward push on the turn signal/high-beam stalk after each startup (light-switch on "Auto"), or
- placing a tick-mark in the applicable line of the "Light" submenu of the "Car" main menu on the Discover Media screen (turns Light Assist on automatically every time car is started, light-switch on "Auto).

A light beam ikon with an "A" inside an oval is shown in the bottom centre of the small graphics display between speedometer and tachometer when the Light Assist feature is active.

On my car the stalk activation works while the activation via the car control menu does not do anything. Tick-mark or not, the Light Assist does not come on via the screen.

Anyone run into that and found a solution? Thanks!

CurbKiller

It's my understanding that placing the tic in the menu is there allow the feature to be used as you described in point A.

I have DLA and works as you describe. My only peeve with this feature is that I have to flash my high beams for a sec to turn off DLA.

o-iii1

Ready to race!
Easily fixed with a VCDS tweak so that it stays on even after a restart. One caveat: if you manually turn the light switch to off, it will not be on next time you turn the lights on and will require another flick of the stalk.