GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

interior light

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Now the nights are drawing in I've suddenly realised the interior light doesn't come on when I hit the engine stop button at the end of a trip. The light only comes on when you open the door. I prefer to gather my crap together before opening the door. The car tells me not to forget my phone, pity I cant chuffing see it!

Any ideas how to change this, both previous golfs ive owned turned the interior light on when I turned the ignition off.

Is it in a sub menu somewhere?

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Same thing I've noticed on mine the other day. I was even thinking that even my old Renault switches on the interior lights when I push the button to stop the engine. Haven't seen any setting in the infotainment unit. Maybe there is something that can be changed with VCDS?

John Barnes

Checking in (my copy) of the manual, then interior light should also come on when the ignition key is removed. Does that work for you?

Kai1

Interior light switch

I had this problem. On my car there is a switch with an open door logo on roof with the other interior switches. I switched it on and now I have light.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Yes but that turns on the lights when you open one of the doors. The OP specified that he wants the lights on when switching off the engine and the doors are closed.

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
I've been raging over this since day one of ownership of this car!! I've posted in a couple forums including this one and Vortex... no one has an answer yet AFAIK.

I was kinda hoping this was a North America-only issue and that it would be fixable through VCDS. Sucks to hear you guys have the same problem.

My owner's manual states that the lights should come on when the key is removed as well. Only problem...... KESSY.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7035878-Interior-lighting-when-ignition-off

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4788