GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hard ride MK 7 16 TDI

VW7

Does anyone have any problems with th eride comfort of the MK7 GOLF 16 TDI on 16 inch rims
I find that you feel every bump in the road
VW agree its hard compared to others but cannot find anything physically wrong
:eek:

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
mines is fine, better then my mk5 astra was.though was about the same untill she loosen up after a thousand miles but far better now lol. just think how 18 inchers would feel lol.

lawrie1

Ready to race!
My MK7GT on 17" rides well.

What I have noticed is that my old MK5, T5 California and wife's focus can ride bumps outside local school effortlessly at speeds that are quite high (illegal) with comfort.

The MK7 has to be gently coerced over even at correct speed.

genuinely wondered why this is so...

jimble1

Ready to race!
Does anyone have any problems with th eride comfort of the MK7 GOLF 16 TDI on 16 inch rims

Check your tyre pressures, my mk6 GTI on 18's is firm but ok most of the time.

dickt

Ready to race!
Reply.
I agree with the earlier poster. Do check your tyre pressures. From new, mine were massively over-inflated.

paddypool

Ready to race!

a golf is a golf, it's got a short wheelbase & is never going to be a really comfortable ride off motorways unfortunately..
Personally i hate that aspect of it &
i would go for a jetta IF VW had had the same cockpit as the golf...disappointed they went for a boring one in the jetta:(

DW58

Go Kart Champion
One solution is to specify 17" wheels instead of the standard 16" and that way you get different suspension as part of the package - described by Volkswagen as "Sports Suspension".

paddypool

Ready to race!
One solution is to specify 17" wheels instead of the standard 16" and that way you get different suspension as part of the package - described by Volkswagen as "Sports Suspension".

that's even harsher off motorways! you'd have to get the 'ACC' (is it?) to make it a softer ride if that's what your after....

DW58

Go Kart Champion
What I meant was that by specifying the 17" wheels on the 1.6TDi it avoids the torsion beam suspension.

paddypool

Ready to race!
What I meant was that by specifying the 17" wheels on the 1.6TDi it avoids the torsion beam suspension.

oh right, get ya......here in ROI you can get the Highline (UK GT) with a 1.6tdi engine (don't think that's the case in UK?), so i'm not sure if the torsion beam is upgraded for the highline...I'll have to check it out

DW58

Go Kart Champion
oh right, get ya......here in ROI you can get the Highline (UK GT) with a 1.6tdi engine (don't think that's the case in UK?), so i'm not sure if the torsion beam is upgraded for the highline...I'll have to check it out

For some reason known only to Volkswagen, the UK model structure is different to that anywhere else. I'm very annoyed that for example we can only get the 1.4TSi ACT engine on the GT model, I'd have liked to get it on my SE (presumably Highline equivalent. We also have to do without Rear-view cameras at present whilst the rest of Europe can still get them - most frustrating.

dipth

Ready to race!
...I'm very annoyed that for example we can only get the 1.4TSi ACT engine on the GT model, I'd have liked to get it on my SE (presumably Highline equivalent....

Strange, here in Denmark you can only get the 1.4 TSi ACT on the Highline model.