GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air vent blowing warm air?

SDU

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for all the inputs guys!

Finally got the key to my white GTI w tech and leather... I love it! Made sure to check every detail before taking delivery and managed to obtain the vehicle with under 20km.

However the vents seem to be blowing warm air even at the lowest setting. It's around 21 degrees outside but the air blowing out seems warmer. Not sure if this has to do with the car being new or the engine being too hot? The AC is perfectly fine tho

My previous car didn't seem to have this issue. I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and see what's up.

Any ideas? Or anyone experiencing similar issue

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Whats the climate control temperature set to?
Unless it is set to LO, then it will pass warm air, it depends on the temperature that is set in relation to the ambient temperature.

SDU

Passed Driver's Ed
Set to Lowest possible setting p

I tried 16 as well

I left the vents running for like 20 mins but the air is still warm

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Set to Lowest possible setting p

I tried 16 as well

I left the vents running for like 20 mins but the air is still warm

That sounds then like there is no air conditioner working, I trust the AC light is on? Is there an AC max button?

Valvecap

I had this on an A3 - they replaced the air con unit 3 times before realising it was the sunlight sensor on the dash.... Worth asking em before they rip ur dash out mate

Essjay

Ready to race!
I had a situation yesterday where I realised my AC wasn't getting cold. Outside temp was 23*C, and temp was set for 16*C.
Checked all settings, AC light on, Auto on, still not getting cold. Pulled over, switched off for a few seconds, switched on again, and lo and behold AC working again!
I think I'll be keeping an eye on it from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SDU

Passed Driver's Ed
The AC works fine. I'm just referring to the air blowing without the AC on

My old car would blow out cool air if the weather is cool outside

Shouldn't it be the same w the GTI?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
The AC works fine. I'm just referring to the air blowing without the AC on

My old car would blow out cool air if the weather is cool outside

Shouldn't it be the same w the GTI?

The cabin's are sealed, the air blowing in, would be the same as what is outside, it may appear cooler if the car is in motion.

pendo

About a week after my dealer performed the recall and fuel line tsb, my a/c wasn't working correctly. It took a good 20 minutes before it started getting cold. This was on a Saturday, then on Sunday it was intermittent, but got cold in ~10 minutes. The following Wednesday was the soonest my dealership could look at it, but it was working fine Monday and Tuesday.

They didn't find anything wrong, but when checking with Tech Line they had them inspect the compressor, and there was a problem. A valve was "sticky" is what I was told. VW had them replace the compressor, but wanted to change vendors. Because of the change, all of the refrigerant had to be flushed, some seals changed, etc. It was in the shop for a week straight. Sucked, big time.

I've had it back for a little over a week now...so far so good with the new a/c.

Ordinarily, I'd think this would be an isolated case (and it probably is), but the fact that Tech Line told them exactly what to look for, AND had the decision to change suppliers leads me to think that this is something that has come up before....

polluxgti

Anyone ever get a definitive solution from dealer service or anything? I just got my GTI 2 weeks ago and I'm getting the same problem:

After about 20 minutes of driving, the vents begin blowing warmer air—above temperature of the air outside. This happens with the AC off, but the temperature dial set at the lowest "cool" setting (I have the manual temperature control). Very noticeable at night, when the exterior temp is much lower. It starts out subtle, but eventually gets extremely warm.

It is not effected by the recirculation setting, and the engine temp remains normal.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Anyone ever get a definitive solution from dealer service or anything? I just got my GTI 2 weeks ago and I'm getting the same problem:

After about 20 minutes of driving, the vents begin blowing warmer air—above temperature of the air outside. This happens with the AC off, but the temperature dial set at the lowest "cool" setting (I have the manual temperature control). Very noticeable at night, when the exterior temp is much lower. It starts out subtle, but eventually gets extremely warm.

It is not effected by the recirculation setting, and the engine temp remains normal.

I've noticed this as well from time to time. A/C off, temp on lowest (for fresh air to come in). Unfortunately I think this is a byproduct of where the turbo is placed in the engine, and where the air inlet is on the cowling in front of the windshield. Heat from the engine and turbo gets evacuated at the rear of the engine bay/hood and finds its way at the air inlet for cabin air.

oncewildbill

Mine does that too. I live in Wis. where mornings are always cold and still the incoming air is warm. Not a huge issue but is annoying as one would expect fresh air to be cool.

Afrobaron

Ready to race!
About a week after my dealer performed the recall and fuel line tsb, my a/c wasn't working correctly. It took a good 20 minutes before it started getting cold. This was on a Saturday, then on Sunday it was intermittent, but got cold in ~10 minutes. The following Wednesday was the soonest my dealership could look at it, but it was working fine Monday and Tuesday.

They didn't find anything wrong, but when checking with Tech Line they had them inspect the compressor, and there was a problem. A valve was "sticky" is what I was told. VW had them replace the compressor, but wanted to change vendors. Because of the change, all of the refrigerant had to be flushed, some seals changed, etc. It was in the shop for a week straight. Sucked, big time.

I've had it back for a little over a week now...so far so good with the new a/c.

Ordinarily, I'd think this would be an isolated case (and it probably is), but the fact that Tech Line told them exactly what to look for, AND had the decision to change suppliers leads me to think that this is something that has come up before....
My mkV had an issue with a gear inside the compressor. It lost a few teeth and therefore wouldn't always turn on when requested. It took three repair attempts before they finally pulled the compressor. In my case it was also replaced with a different vendor part. I only had to wait two days as the new part was overnighted on the first morning.

dmishe

Have anybody had any news going to service?

I have the same issue, when the car is cold everything works fine, but then you let it sit after driving for 10 minutes and air is hot no matter the setting :/

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed that my climate control is not working on the low setting. It's blowing lightly warm air (outside temp 18 degrees). I bought the car 5 months ago and the first owner didn't get an air con service. Does this mean VW won't fix the problem?? I have 2 months warranty left. Any help with this would be appreciated.