GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
More results. Here's ECOTune UK's dyno with our stage 1 flash:

322 HP and 376 FT-LBS of torque.

kenny.c

Ready to race!
Arin@APR....

Ive had a read through and sorry if I missed it....but....are we saying IF you have your MK7 GTI flashed with the APR software the TD1 flag will appear when scanned at a dealership. Only way to prevent this TD1 flag would be to visit your APR dealer and have the APR map removed...??

When end user map switching becomes available will you still need to visit a APR dealer to prevent TD1 flagging at a dealership..??

Sorry if this has been covered before...I just wanted to be clear on the facts.

Thanks
Ken

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Arin@APR....

Ive had a read through and sorry if I missed it....but....are we saying IF you have your MK7 GTI flashed with the APR software the TD1 flag will appear when scanned at a dealership. Only way to prevent this TD1 flag would be to visit your APR dealer and have the APR map removed...??

When end user map switching becomes available will you still need to visit a APR dealer to prevent TD1 flagging at a dealership..??

Sorry if this has been covered before...I just wanted to be clear on the facts.

Thanks
Ken

I too, apologize for any repeats, but along the same lines as Ken...

Once an APR map has been removed, can VW still detect the car had been flashed in the first place?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If the car is flashed, and the dealer runs a test to scan for software, it will find it.

I'd the car is flashed back to stock it will not find the software, because it's stock.

Program switching currently doesn't hide software from this test.

AWESOME!

...and VW will never see it in my ECU history/flash counter/such?

luka1

Ready to race!
AWESOME!

...and VW will never see it in my ECU history/flash counter/such?

OMG. How many times can Arin answer this question. If you are that paranoid, then this is not the product for you. Assume the worst, VW will find out. Are you still in? You are looking for reassurance that you will never get.

Ian2

Passed Driver's Ed
Just out of interest - would a customer be charged for a flash back to stock and subsequently back to the APR map following a service?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
You wouldn't need to buy the flash again, but the APR dealer may charge you a service fee for the work of flashing the car -- it really depends on the dealer and how good your relationship with him is.