GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DCC/ Adaptive Chassis Control

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Hi there everybody,

For all you who had cars delivered or driven them, etc. What do you think of the DCC on Mk7s? I am leaning towards checking "Yes" to have 4 modes w/ raw and normal rides at the go...but does anyone have experience with it? From what I've read it affects all 4 wheels now as opposed to only the 2 axles before. How about in similar vehicles by VW/Audi?

There aren't many threads on this in the search function.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
I've got it on my gtd and it's excellent in comfort mode on bad roads and even better in sport mode for hooning around. It does work on all 4 wheels and not just across an axle.

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Yeah it's good for adjusting to driving style and varying road surfaces.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I've got it on my gtd and it's excellent in comfort mode on bad roads and even better in sport mode for hooning around. It does work on all 4 wheels and not just across an axle.

Thanks for the input. Nice to be able to speak the same language with you Euros now that we get mostly the same options:) how is "Normal" vs the regular suspension? Does it adapt even then, akin to the magnetic jazz in GM cars (funny they're the high point here). I enjoy my mk6 but there are times I want it more stiff and times I want it to be less jarring. It'd prob fit my OCD personality....

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Well I previously owned an Edition 30 for 5 years. That suspension was stiffer than what I currently get on sport mode. 5 stars on comfort mode but sport even if it feels firm, it still allows pretty much balance (too much for me). I'm thinking of an upgrade to KW (DCC version) but it's around 2900E

ffrank

As mcmaddy, DCC on my gtd is superb. The awful roads round here are much improved with comfort. I tend to leave it in comfort all the time and select sport for an occasional fast B road. Haven't tried normal (seems a bit pointless!), but my understanding is the adjustments are occurring constantly in all modes so even normal would be different to a non DCC car (by how much who knows!)

By the way, every passenger I've had (car enthusiasts and not) have felt a big difference between sport and comfort. There were some old threads where people couldn't tell the difference, I can only imagine there was an issue or it's more noticeable on some models. I have the standard 18".

Having said all that, the car test drove very nice without DCC, but for the added comfort on bad roads I'm glad I ticked it.

Krankie

Picked mine up a week ago and after some test drives varying from off-road sand tracks to silky smooth tarmac and YES you DO notice difference!
In comfort a lot of the bumps and vibrations get absorbed. Downside is that the ride tends to feel more rubbery. However in sports mode ride becomes stiffer and you feel more feedback from the road.
Am still burning in the engine so haven't done some real cornering yet... tbc ;)

*edit* forgot to mention; got standard highline 16" wheels

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
As ffrank has said even in normal mode it's constantly working so you can't really compare it to a non DCC car. To me the sport mode suspension is just about right and certainly better than the standard sport suspension on my old Leon fr.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
The biggest issue with this option is its cost....

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Not at all - my view is that the options divide themselves in to two groups - some are cheap IMHO such as rear camera, Park Assist, High Beam Assist etc - these are 'no brainer' options and add very little to the overall cost of the car - others seem to be bafflingly expensive - headed by leather interior and Discovery Pro Nav. DCC is closer to the latter group in terms of its (UK) price slot - its a lot of money.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
It's about 2k to retro fit dcc so I think it's a cheap option. Can't see the point of high beam assist so that would be a waste to me closely followed by the leather. The cloth seats look much nicer and are free.

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
On my GT with 17" Dijon wheels the DCC makes a big difference in comfort mode on poor road surfaces, which for me is everywhere I go in Sheffield.

My wife's car is dying from a failing gearbox and the DCC makes my top 3 reasons to get a Golf Estate over a Skoda Octavia Estate. The other 2 being overall cabin quality and front assist/ACC.

Ian91

Ready to race!
DCC Option

On my GT with 17" Dijon wheels the DCC makes a big difference in comfort mode on poor road surfaces, which for me is everywhere I go in Sheffield.

My wife's car is dying from a failing gearbox and the DCC makes my top 3 reasons to get a Golf Estate over a Skoda Octavia Estate. The other 2 being overall cabin quality and front assist/ACC.

Good to hear it makes a big difference in comfort mode as I have opted for DCC (GT 1.4TSi 150 DSG works out @ £800 if you get 11-12% discount) WhenI tested the GT I did find the suspension a little firm particularly on rough roads, but wanted the GT spec, if I had opted for the SE its probably not worth getting as the standard suspension is fine.
The final decision is probably based on cost against comfort, how long your keeping the car may also come in to the decision as its an option which doesn't add value when trading in, for me on the GT comfort mode is a price worth paying.
Purchased my Yeti exhaust tips ready for when my car arrrives, considering which LED's to buy!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Can't see the point of high beam assist so that would be a waste to me closely followed by the leather. T
Don't knock it until you have tried it - works a treat and is very much in keeping with the 'high-tech' character of the Mk.7!