GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Wrath's Discussions (Repair Tips and More)

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Hey all Wrath here,
I wanted to make a thread in GD for two reasons. The main one is to try and promote a local meet up in the Bay Area ,CA. The thread in the local forums is HERE. The reason I'm posting here is for more exposure, since not everyone goes to the regional section. Hopefully enough R guys view this thread because I can't really contribute enough to the R GD thread to make a post.

So with that out of the way, I would be more then happy to answer any questions you may have about general car repair, and specific repairs when it comes to VW/Audi. I take a few classes a year about VW/Audi, and if you have any questions that I can't answer, I would be more then happy to make a list and ask next class, which is coming up weekend after this.

I will also use this thread to update the community to any issues that I learn about.

Have a great night, and don't forget to visit HERE if you are local to Northern California / the Bay Area.

Thank you very much for your time, and have a wonderful... whenever you are reading this.

Sincerely,
Wrath, WnT, ah fuck it, just call me John.

P.S: the thread title is just a play on words per say. I was gonna call it Wrath's General Discussions, but figured I would have some fun with it.

P.S.S: Any techs, dealership or indie (I'm indie), can feel free to post any issues they know about, as well as other users can post issues they had with their cars along with what fixed it.

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Issue #1.
Just learned from my dealership service adviser that some new cars with sunroofs don't have the drains attached from the factory. So if you have a new VW with a sunroof, and see moisture or water in the interior, don't wait and head to the dealer for a water ingress test.

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days.

Query, if I don't have VCDS or Launch or OBDEleven how can I flush the brake fluid that is stored in the abs module?
Do I perform a brake fluid flush first, drive the car and slam on the brakes or take some turns at speed to activate the abs and then flush again?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Subscribed

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days.

Query, if I don't have VCDS or Launch or OBDEleven how can I flush the brake fluid that is stored in the abs module?
Do I perform a brake fluid flush first, drive the car and slam on the brakes or take some turns at speed to activate the abs and then flush again?

Without a scan tool to force the fluid through, triggering ABS with the brakes would move some fluid, but I'm not sure how much. Typically we just do a normal brake fluid flush and leave the ABS module alone.

That's a great question. The way we look at it is that there is very little fluid in the module and it tends to take a lot longer to get moisture in it then the rest of the system. Perhaps not the best answer, but we haven't had any issues so far and customers like paying half the cost for a normal flush versus flushing the module too.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Thanks for starting a thread. Good call on keeping things up to date.

I meant to ask you in our PMs if you have access to something like AllDataPro which provides TSBs and other documentation?

I do, but I'm not sure how often they get updated. I can check how many there are tomorrow.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Alright guys, I have class this weekend on the MK7, Saturday and Sunday, so let me know any questions you guys want answered.

As far as TSB's go I have access to a few, if you guys have anything in specific you want me to look up, let me know.

Edit: There are 63 TSB's, some are updates to past TSB's.

Last edited: