GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 18 SE purchase today. Comments and thoughts.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Picked up an 18 SE today. One of the very few in any dealer hands around here.
Great Falls Green metallic. As many have commented on so far it seems to be a love hate view of this one. Leather. 6MT.

My impression is that it looked much better in person than in photos. Others have cited this as well. Is it for everyone? No.

I like it. Appears much different in bright sunlight than under fluorescent lighting. Variously looks blue, green, dark teal depending on ambient lighting.

Rear tips are definitely either larger, thicker or both. A nice aggressive look. New SE/Autobahn MIB screen looks very nice and large.

I was most surprised though that side proximity lights are built in (mirrors) and I think some other drivers aid is included. I had not known that at all.

$3400 off MSRP including SCCA discount.

Pics to follow later. Ask away for any other questions.

Mike

Last edited:

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats, looking forward to picks [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent via Pide Piper compression app

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Can’t wait to see pic! Congrats man the 7.5 looks awesome, and the color should too! Even if it’s not for everyone if you dig it that’s what matters

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Is there a fee to join SCCA? Where are all of the VW incentives listed?

Absolutely! But there's not that much markup on the car so I would need to see some proof for that price. No way it was that much off just due to being an SCCA member. SCCA discount is $500 under invoice, and there is not $2,900 markup.

adam1991

Banned

I do know that Costco lists every incentive for its members.

For 2017, Costco member pricing was $900 under invoice, plus they listed all the incentives--even the cash-to-dealer $3500.

Costco does a very good job of making everything transparent, and even cares very much about the customer experience. Their dealer here in town abused the whole process and was useless to me (I bought from somewhere else), and when Costco asked me what my experience was via an online survey I told them. They took the time to call me and talk to me for about half an hour about everything.

I suspect Costco gave that dealer a good talking to at the very least, or maybe even they fired by that dealer.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Congrats!

I'm for pics.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
do you have fender audio and pp

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
You didn't supply pics. :confused:
I'm curious to see if Great Falls Green looks like that emerald green color that the R is available in outside of the US.
I saw an '18 at my local dealership, and yes - the exhaust tips definitely look larger.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Congrats...I've seen the green on Autotrader, but you need to post your pics!!

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

Yes. Varies by region but at least $50. No incentives on 18s yet.