GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattling noise with my Golf Mk7 Tsi 1.4 and others problems

rock1z

Greetings =(
My Golf 1.4 TSI Highline with only 15KMs already started to present problems.

(WITH VIDEO)
1-Problem(VW says the exchange DSG7 be working)
First started a very loud noise banging on the outside of the car (looks like a tin noise, a rattle knocking), however you hear with the windows open but my car is making a noise very high and I'm sure it's not normal, and i test in other golfs and i observed that the noise from DSG working and much smaller than my car.

2-Problem(VW changed suspension but still the same way)
Another thing worrying me too much this is a very loud noise in the rear suspension, it seems a kind of "toc toc toc".

3-Problem
And finally, my car has done retention in the first gear when in this very irregular streets, sometimes comes to changing from 1st to 2nd gear at 2500-3000 rpm

Anyone had a similar experience or have any solution for this Rattling noise ???

TKZ!

DSG RATTLE NOISE VIDEO 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6h9XXkLg3Y

33s until 38s
47s until 50s
58s until 59s
1:20s until 1:30s

DSG RATTLE NOISE VIDEO 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODF3WJ91f8c

07s until 11s
15s until 17s
24s
28s
32s until 33s
35s until 37s
39s
48s until 53s
56s until 58s

Sorry for my bad english

veew

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey mate, I haven't had the same experiences and am not sure what it is due to. The sound is pretty subtle for me but more noticeable in the second video. Hopefully someone else may be able to help you out.

If I were you I'd continue to keep a close eye on it, you've already seen your VW dealership/service centre with regards to these issues. If things get worse then see them again and hopefully the problem is more apparent.

Good luck!

calcie

I have exactly the same noise as in the first video!
I have taken my car back twice now and have it booked in for a third time. The technicians seem a bit baffled and dont appear to want to check the DSG, however I have insisted they do. I will let you know what the outcome is after it has been in a third time.

rock1z

Hi Calcie!

An engineer from VW will see my car this Wednesday(9), he told me that possibly will have to update the DSG.
I will keep you informed.

Thank you!

J4KE45

I too have a rattling noise, I've had it every since day one, it's only noticeable when the windows are down, it's never effected the car nor the performance, so i never really bothered with it, it's a lot quicker and slightly less noticeable then yours (video quality wasn't amazing so its hard to compare!) let me know what VW say!

Ronin3

Ready to race!
I too have a rattling noise, I've had it every since day one, it's only noticeable when the windows are down, it's never effected the car nor the performance, so i never really bothered with it, it's a lot quicker and slightly less noticeable then yours (video quality wasn't amazing so its hard to compare!) let me know what VW say!

J4ke45

From what you describe it sounds like you need to return the car for a clip fitting to the wastegate actuator.

VW dealers are all well aware of this mod and it will stop the rattle which occurs around 2-2.5k rpm.

J4KE45

Ahh so it's a common problem? I've had it for a year haha! Got a Golf courtesy car today and I can't hear the noise on that, they've still got my Golf in the workshop so I'll give them a ring to sort that too, cheers pal!

calcie

Hi Calcie!

An engineer from VW will see my car this Wednesday(9), he told me that possibly will have to update the DSG.
I will keep you informed.

Thank you!

No such luck with me! The service team said that they could not locate any issues with the car but the noise is ever present. They dont seem to want to look any harder at all so I am going to call the manager and have a word with him.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Got any more details on the wastegate clip, Ronin? I hear what sounds a lot like pinking periodically anywhere between 2.5k and 3.2k rpms. It makes a lot of sense that it might be a turbo wastegate related noise, because it sometimes happens on lift-off as well as under acceleration, and I actually wondered about the turbo myself..
It seems it won't be serious, if that's all it is.
On a more serious note.. the car decided to flash the check engine light for a few seconds during a long drive on Wednesday.. this seems to mean "misfire" and it disabled stop/start for a couple more uses until it "got better". I will have the dealer check the car shortly, but have seen some evidence this might be a ECU firmware or injector or coilpack issue. .. ?

tmehanna

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like characteristic DSG rattle to me, nothing unusual. Had it in my MK6 and have it in my MK7, since day one in both cases. If you expect it to run as quiet as a slush box or a Mercedes DSG, it doesn't. It is a noisy gearbox and the rattle can become very loud on uneven roads and over bumps.

ggerousis

gear retention

I have had the problem of gear retention on stretches of road that are sloping downwards and have speed bumps. I slow down when I approach the speed bump, the car shifts down to 2nd gear, but when I accelerate, it remains in 2nd gear until 4,000 rpm.