GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grey TSI Build

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Grey 1.8 TSI Build / IS20

Hello, I have been browsing these forums since the purchase(April 2016) of my 2016 Golf TSI comfortline 6 speed auto. I am new to the modding community as this is my first car. Hope everyone likes the build so far.
Check the bottom of this post for updates:
UPDATED: On February 7th, 2019 check post below.

Performance:

- JB4 Map 6 @21 PSI
- (2.5 " splits to 2.25" at y pipe) + 11226 Magnaflow muffler.
- BMS Intake + Turbo Inlet
- 034 Dogbone Insert V2
- VWR Springs
- Hankook RS-4 235/40/18
- Enkei TY-5 Hyper silver
-Blizzak WS80 winter tyres
- CTS Catless Downpipe
- IS20 Turbo

Exterior:

- White Fog Lights
- Euro Taillights
- LED License plate lights
- Euro R Mirrors
- License Plate Tow hook
- GTI Valence

Interior:

- OEM Sport Pedals
- Alcantara Steering wheel with Paddles
- Weathertech Mats

OBDelven Tweaks:
- Needle Sweep
- Remote control windows
- R start up Logo
- Reverse Mirror Dip
- Removed Seat belt chime

What I want:
-Intercooler
-Wrap Interior pieces
-Wrap rest of roof black
-Footwell Lights
- R Bumper
-Bilstein B8's or coil overs
-Front Lip ( no front lip if i get R bumper)
-Side Skirts
- Potential GTI PP brakes or Front brake Porsche 4 piston.
- Rear Sway Bar
-GTI/Golf R Black spoiler from factory
- Unitronic IS20 or Apr IS20 Tune
Rims on Car, haven't updated in 1 year lol( February 7th, 2019)

New Rims Enkei TY-5 18x8.5 et 42( March 22/2018)

Cant wait to put them on with new wheels! its been a while since i've uploaded

img safe free image host

IS20 Turbo

CTS Catless Downpipe

Installed the wheel Today , Paddles were Plug and Play no coding necessary

Steering wheel
I stayed with the Golf look to add a OEM+ feel, plus these come with paddles in Canada Golfs don't get that lol.

Mirror Caps

My Euro tails + GTI diffuser

Random Provincial Park Picture

VWR Springs

When i took delivery(Look how high it was)

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
woah! cool to see a thread on this one!

saving up for a JB4 myself! How loud is it with the straight pipes?

Also, I dig that wheel! can you do a quick write up on the swap? where did you get the new wheel? or is that the stock wheel with wrap?

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
woah! cool to see a thread on this one!

saving up for a JB4 myself! How loud is it with the straight pipes?

Also, I dig that wheel! can you do a quick write up on the swap? where did you get the new wheel? or is that the stock wheel with wrap?
Honestly it sounds nice doesn't bother me I use to have the same muffler as you but I removed it because I want more noise. My farts from my auto are like dsg farts LOUD. Also I'll write up whenever I get it retrofitred. I bought it on ebay from a guy from europe who makes steering wheels. 1200 feedback all positive. It's a completely refurbished steering wheel. I'll send link through private message if you like.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
$1200 for the steering wheel? That’s gotta be Canadian $ right?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Link?

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
So I've heard the whole thing about the JB4 custom maps thing. So for certain maps you just talk to George in order to find a custom map?

He makes you take a map 4 log which is your stock tune. A log shows your ignition timing , AFR, PSI, and other parameters that are important. Then once you he sees your base map , he tells you try these numbers which are usually conservative , then u send him that log which will be a map 6 log. What I would do was always add a little more PSI then what he says, so he said peak 15 PSI id peak like 17 , so I can go through the process faster but once i was at like 20 PSI i would follow his instructions more because ur pushing the limit off the stock DP and the gas octane. He replies within 24 hours always. I have sent over 25 Logs to him and he's always given advice. I kind of understand the LOGS so i know its safe to drive while he's looking them over. because I somewhat understand the safe parameters , but not 100 %.

1.8T EA888

Passed Driver's Ed
He makes you take a map 4 log which is your stock tune. A log shows your ignition timing , AFR, PSI, and other parameters that are important. Then once you he sees your base map , he tells you try these numbers which are usually conservative , then u send him that log which will be a map 6 log. What I would do was always add a little more PSI then what he says, so he said peak 15 PSI id peak like 17 , so I can go through the process faster but once i was at like 20 PSI i would follow his instructions more because ur pushing the limit off the stock DP and the gas octane. He replies within 24 hours always. I have sent over 25 Logs to him and he's always given advice. I kind of understand the LOGS so i know its safe to drive while he's looking them over. because I somewhat understand the safe parameters , but not 100 %.

Got it. But let's get a video of that exhaust tho.