GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with homelink programming

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8
Ok, I know I am an idiot feel free to flame and I have searched and watched a few videos online as well with no success.

I purchased yesterday a 17 gti sport w homelink and I cannot find anything on programming it in the owners manual.

I have seen a few videos online saying to press the first and third button and hold them at the same time, then press the one you want to pair with the remote and hold them until it blinks rapidly and you are gtg.

Well...

This doesn't work with my garage door opener and I've looked at that unti and didn't see a learn button on it or anything like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry I couldn't find anything in the search function!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Any generic Homelink instructions will point you in the right direction.

Wait - GTI's (all Golf 7's for that matter) don't offer Homelink - so this is apparently some aftermarket job? If it was in the car when you bought it, please post a pic!

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8
Any generic Homelink instructions will point you in the right direction.

Wait - GTI's (all Golf 7's for that matter) don't offer Homelink - so this is apparently some aftermarket job? If it was in the car when you bought it, please post a pic!

Roger that give me a sec... I am pretty sure it was on the sticker installed when I got it yesterday. brb