GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI - DQ380 (DSG)

mittenz

Ready to race!
So what improvements have been made over the mk6 dsg (DQ200) that so many people had issues with... including the fuss in singapore/china?

Curious if I can feel comfortable buying a car that is designed to far outlast its warranty... if I buy a gti, I plan to keep it a good 10 years, driving specifically in stop and go traffic with only weekend fun I cannot justify a manual.

4yr/80k basic warranty, 5yr/100k powertrain (I hear that doesn't include the dsg?)

What do we think?

mittenz

Ready to race!
As far as I'm aware the 6spd DSG in the GTI hasn't fallen victim to the issues that have been haunting the 7spd DSG in the 'normal' Golf (and other VWs).

Aside from the numerous mechatronics failures, and false neutrals?

Again.. have they have any changes ><;

allenlin

I think the main reason is TCU overheat, DQ200 TCU do not have any heatsink or
water cooler to reduce the temperature.
High temperature is not good for electric parts.

huithomas

Ready to race!
I just found out the MK7 GTI still usign the DQ250, check this out:

http://www.partsbase.org/vw/golf-va...-d-000-001-30035-6-speed-dual-clutch-gearbox/

Mash

Passed Driver's Ed
I know this is very old thread, but I spent too much time searching which transmission is in Made in China MK7 GTI. This forum has only one reference to correct answer.

And it is in fact DQ380 which is rated above EU/US DQ250.

DQ380 and DQ500 7 speed wet dual clutch transmissions made only in China for now.

P.S. My first post here. Hello everybody.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Interesting, I am no familiar with this DSG. So it's a 7 speed Wet, which means non sealed. I wonder if this is the DSG going into the S3 refresh? I know the RS# is receiving the DQ 500.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Our DSG is made in China?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
No think only the DQ380 is.. I assume maybe for the Chinese market Golf/GTI? I couldn't tell from post 2 if the USDM Golf has a 7 speed, but I don't believe it does...

Last edited:

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I don't read chinese but I can't find any information showing that the Chinese market GTI gets a DQ380. As far as I know all DSG's in MQB cars rift now are the DQ250. The TTRS will get a 7 speed again.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I don't read chinese but I can't find any information showing that the Chinese market GTI gets a DQ380. As far as I know all DSG's in MQB cars rift now are the DQ250. The TTRS will get a 7 speed again.

The S3 just got a 7 speed now, no one knows what it is. Might be the 380 or something new.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Oh really? Good to know. I wonder if the R will get it on the refresh then.. Further differentiating the GTI from the R.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
The DQ380 is rated for 20 lbs. ft less than the DQ250, perhaps the DQ381 can handle more than that?