GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Old Car ---> New Car

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I read with interest and some intrigue that a member of the forum is going from a Toyota Prius to a GTI. This appears (in my opinion) a massive change in car 'format'. This got me thinking about the forum population: How many people are loyal to the Golf and who is a Golf / VW 'newbie'

So I'll go first:

Going from Mk6 TDI GT to Mk7 GTD.

Two reasons: The first I LOVE the Golf and want to go to a higher spec car (uh-oh could be early signs of a mid life crisis :eek:) and secondly car will soon be out of warranty so its time for a change.

christof

Passed Driver's Ed
I think his wife has had a say in that first car LOL

My last two cars have been.

1.6 tdi Golf Mk 6

2.0 Vauxhall astra yr 2013

Mk7 golf 1.6 tdi on order ;) should be here this time next month thank God!

kevinm1

Ready to race!
Golf fan-boy here:

mk4 1.4
mk4 pd130
mk5 GTI ED30
mk7 GTI

Flup

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm a newbie, going from a Mini Cooper S to a Golf mk7 2.0 TDI. I've had the Mini for nearly ten years and will miss it, but it's time for a change, and the mk7 test drive just left me grinning like an idiot!

The Mini has always been trouble, so I have everything crossed that it won't go wrong before I trade it in! It's already needed a new battery this year...

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
2005-2006
01 Mk4 gti 2.3 v5 (passed on from my brother when i got my licence) and that's where it all started :D

2006-2013
06 mk5 GTI

2013-present
14 mk7 GTI

Gerry

Ready to race!
I have no particular love for the VW brand.....it's the shoddy Dealers that put me off.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I started car ownership with Volkswagen - first a 1975 1303 Beetle and then a 1983 Polo 1.1 Formel-E which I owned until 1986 - then a 26-year gap filled with 2x Fiat, 2x Isuzu, 1x Subaru, 1x Audi 1x Renault - before returning at last to Volkswagen with my 2010 Golf Mk6 and now 2014 Golf Mk7.

Option155

Passed Driver's Ed
2005: Ford Fiesta 1.2 Zetec
2008: VW Golf Mk5 GT Sport 2.0 TDI 170 DSG
2013: VW Golf MK7 GT 1.4 TSI 140 DSG
2016/7: VW Golf MK8?

This my first venture into VW ownership, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Can't wait for the GTD to arrive.

I did inherit a Polo from the missus for a few months when my old Vauxhall Cavalier SRI died and it was always a reliable little motor.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Mk6 to a Mk7 - mainly because our company car list only really allows me to get anything half decent from the VW range.

StevieH8

Ready to race!
1st car: 1.2 Polo (round "E" class merc style lights) Pimped it up (Rob would not approve)
2nd: GT TDI 130bhp Polo
3rd: MX5
4th: BMW 335d
5th Audi RS Convert.
6th: Audi A1 & Audi TT
Now: Golf GTD MK7 & Audi TT Black Edition TDI Quattro
2014: Change TT to Aston Martin DB9
2015: Company car change: New GTD or R Golf

Point: GTD is def my fav all rounder so far!

matt2

Passed Driver's Ed
Polo
Ford Puma
VW Bora
Honda Civic (new shape)
Golf Mk VI 1.6 TDi 105 bhp, manual

Waiting for a GTD with 184 bhp of DSG fun!

The move from 105 to 184 BHP and DSG should hopefully be great fun. :)